Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Martin Denny music. I once read a description that described it as New Age meets Hawaiian.

The sounds effects would be terrific.
Folks who think they've never heard Martin Denny Exotica may find it familiar if they ever caught the beginning of a Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Kid show version vs 1958 Tiki Bar version used to show off hi-fi's or stereos in 1958

Like everyone, I could create a long list, but I’m going to choose Focus by Jan Akkerman and Thijs Van Leer.

The guys were in the band Focus, but this was done as a duo project in 1985. Even had a hokey 80s video for Russian Roulette with cut-scenes of them running... for no apparent reason.

If what I read is correct, quite a lot of songs were recorded, but we only got seven on the album. I guess this would also go on my “Forget reality, what is your dream box set release?” list.

A lovely album and one I would love to have as a multichannel.

600x600bb.jpg

I'll say again, for those who didn't hear previously
The 2 albums by Jellyfish, Bellybutton and Spilt Milk. Both albums in Atmos, DTS 5.1, and hi-res Stereo.

The surround mixes should be absolutely mad, on a par with the Flaming Lips' Yoshimi. But I don't know who could do them besides the obvious Mr. Wilson. I did mention this on an SDE thread, and Paul indicated he would be in favor of this release, were it to happen.
All those mixes of both albums should easily fit on 1 Blu-Ray disc, with bonus material.

Like everyone, I could create a long list, but I’m going to choose Focus by Jan Akkerman and Thijs Van Leer.

The guys were in the band Focus, but this was done as a duo project in 1985. Even had a hokey 80s video for Russian Roulette with cut-scenes of them running... for no apparent reason.

If what I read is correct, quite a lot of songs were recorded, but we only got seven on the album. I guess this would also go on my “Forget reality, what is your dream box set release?” list.

A lovely album and one I would love to have as a multichannel.

600x600bb.jpg
I'd like this as well, saw them live sometime '74-'75
1680270987906.png
1680271002679.png

This may be too far back for some of you, but there are many here who will remember

FREE - FIRE and WATER

Free were an English rock band formed in London in 1968 by Paul Rodgers (lead vocals), Paul Kossoff (guitar), Andy Fraser (bass, piano) and Simon Kirke (drums, percussion). They are best known for their hit songs "All Right Now" and "Wishing Well".

Fire and Water (1970), which featured the massive hit "All Right Now". The song helped secure them a place at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival, where they played to an audience of 600,000 people.[2] In the early 1970s they became one of the best-selling British blues rock[3][4][5] groups; by the time they disbanded, they had sold more than 20 million records worldwide and had played more than 700 arena and festival concerts.

Paul Rogers went on to the bad "BAD COMPANY" . Notable fact, Paul McCartney wrote several of their songs that were hits.

I'd love to hear this album in multichannel quad or 5.1.

This may be too far back for some of you, but there are many here who will remember

FREE - FIRE and WATER

Free were an English rock band formed in London in 1968 by Paul Rodgers (lead vocals), Paul Kossoff (guitar), Andy Fraser (bass, piano) and Simon Kirke (drums, percussion). They are best known for their hit songs "All Right Now" and "Wishing Well".

Fire and Water (1970), which featured the massive hit "All Right Now". The song helped secure them a place at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival, where they played to an audience of 600,000 people.[2] In the early 1970s they became one of the best-selling British blues rock[3][4][5] groups; by the time they disbanded, they had sold more than 20 million records worldwide and had played more than 700 arena and festival concerts.

Paul Rogers went on to the bad "BAD COMPANY" . Notable fact, Paul McCartney wrote several of their songs that were hits.

I'd love to hear this album in multichannel quad or 5.1.
I was aware that Paul McCartney had written a song (Come and Get It) for Badfinger, a group they signed to their Apple label. I've heard his demo and it's exactly like their recording. I wasn't aware that McCartney had written anything for Bad Company though. Were you perhaps confusing the two?

I was aware that Paul McCartney had written a song (Come and Get It) for Badfinger, a group they signed to their Apple label. I've heard his demo and it's exactly like their recording. I wasn't aware that McCartney had written anything for Bad Company though. Were you perhaps confusing the two?
Yes, you are correct. Its so far back that even I can't remember.....I confused Bad Company and Badfinger, McCartney wrote Come and Get IT for them.

The first gig I ever went to (Adelaide, May 1971) was a triple-header: Free, Deep Purple, Manfred Mann. And if those three weren't enough for one night, there was a local support band (Fraternity) who had a number one single in the charts (and whose lead singer was Bon Scott, later of AC/DC). Free wiped the floor with Purple that night (which rather disappointed my 11-year-old self as Purple were my favourite band at the time).

Great bands, great times.

Back