Frank Zappa Waka/Wazoo Deluxe 4CD + Blu-Ray 5.1 and Atmos!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday 12/16 @ 5:30 PM EST. It can be streamed live at the station's website. It will also be available to stream after the fact for two weeks.

http://wrtcfm.com/
Can u post a link to the actual show after it airs? That is quite possibly one of the worst websites I have ever seen. It’s not 1997.

Last edited:
I doubt that Universal would pass up a chance to do an anniversary release. I know Joe Travers (the Zappa "vaultmeister") is certainly an advocate of Frank's quad mixes getting a reissue. And given that there is now apparently a change in attitude within the Zappa camp regarding surround, I am very hopeful for those to be released sometime in 2023. I am going to be having a Zappa insider on my radio show on Friday..... I will see if I can get any scoops out of him. 😎
I've been thoroughly disappointed in the FZ estate's lack of their interest in surround mixes included in deluxe reissues. Hot Rats was an obvious choice. It came down to not wanting to spend the money.

But now that Universal has purchased the catalog I believe that a fire has been lit under their asses, and surround mixes are being "ordered" to be included when the tapes are there and the material warrants it. We may in fact see many more surround mixes coming down the pike now, but I would not give much credit to the previous owners and admin. It's the new owners wanting a return on investment, and the market that is there.

Someone over at Zappateers posted this... I was just notified by uDiscoverMusic that my "order has been impacted by a delay and is now expected to ship on or before 12/29."

Hopefully none of you ordered from there. I ordered from Amazon to guarantee release date delivery.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Dang. Everyone is champing at the bit for this one to arrive. I hope UDiscover can get the orders out sooner for those folks. I ordered from the Frank Zappa website. They're supposed to ship on the 16th.

I've been thoroughly disappointed in the FZ estate's lack of their interest in surround mixes included in deluxe reissues. Hot Rats was an obvious choice. It came down to not wanting to spend the money.

But now that Universal has purchased the catalog I believe that a fire has been lit under their asses, and surround mixes are being "ordered" to be included when the tapes are there and the material warrants it. We may in fact see many more surround mixes coming down the pike now, but I would not give much credit to the previous owners and admin. It's the new owners wanting a return on investment, and the market that is there.

i have been a Zappa fan for well over 40 years & had no idea that the Zappa family trust sold Franks catalog to universal

Those 2012 remasters were stellar IMHO

Does the family trust have any say in what Universal does with Frank's music?

Given the fact that Ahmet is still basically in charge of the family trust and that Joe Travers is still working on the projects the short answer is yes they probably do have some input.
Yes, I think the Zappacast linked above supports that conclusion.
Managed to get through the whole thing on a walk, great stuff for fans.

Interesting five-minute discussion starting at 41:00 of Abbey Road de-mixing, surround sound, why Dolby Atmos wins the format wars, and why Vaultmeister Joe Travers has no interest in installing a system in his small apartment.

Shipping notice today from Importcds.
Forgot I used a $5 coupon, which nearly covered shipping & tax.
Seems so many of these releases are always scheduled around the holiday rush.
In the hands of the US mail for better or worse.

Purchase details
Frank Zappa/Waka/ Wazoo

Item #60244816959 $43.04
Promo Code: 4X65W2SX- $5.00
Shipping $2.99
Tax $2.97

Total$44.00

Back