Guess I should have paid more for mine

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Mr. Pigeon Music will have this deck for quite some time if he's holding out for $500. Personally, I prefer the Akai unit, and there's a beauty on ebay right now for about $120.
Marc

Hey, if that guy could get six hundred bucks for his Sansui adaptor and a Pioneer demodulator ... who says this guy won't find another sucker? Now if he was wearing orange hot pants ...

Mike.

I think it would be fun if everybody here wrote and asked what an 8-track is. Then, when the bloke responds, reply with even more questions!!!!!

Might be fun to post his best (funniest) replies here.

Yeah, I know.... I'm bored but, this sounds like a cheap thrill and... Hey!!! Cheap thrills are the best!!!!

Well that Akai deck I was referring to went for $310. I had bid $100 max on it as my Akai has quite alot of wear. I certainly didn't drive it up to 310. Does this seem rather high to anyone else?
Marc

I paid around $75 for mine, and mine is the later model with noise reduction! Sheesh!! What is this guy :cool:

This guy added a snip at me after I posted my CR-80D-ss about owning one or two and that he thought it was not as good as the Technics he was selling! The only thing it has is the lighted meters. I was going to add lights to mine, it 's hard to read the meters .. Wonder why it didn't get lights!
0] Rob

I have never had one of the Akai but from what a few people that have had both tell that the transport is like a tank in the Akai and the heads are better in the Technics, I don't know?

Dave

Sorry guys, but I just can't see it. I thought about a quad 8 track recorder for a while; but when I thought about trying to get blank tapes, the legendary wow and flutter, and all the 8 track tapes that my various bcar players have eaten, I bought a Tascam multi-track cassette machine ... apparently for a LOT less money than these dino-decks are going for ... and the tapes are readily-available ... DBX NR ... frequency response unheard of in an 8 track ... and WAY-COOL lighted meters. Add solenoid controls and built like a tank ... the best $200 I ever spent.

Keep on Trackin' ... Mike.

Back