4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm buying Quadios on eBay and Amazon with duties prepaid. There is no way I am dealing with Rhino's shipping in multiple packages and the cost of multiple collections of duties.
Oh ok, I thought you meant the discs Rhino were issuing were irrelevant. But yeah, we gotta do what we gotta do.

All of the Quadio series releases will later appear at online retailers, yes.
Though there's already a preorder page for Ziggy stardust on Amazon, I still see the Flack blu-ray only on their store... By chance you seen it somewhere outside rhino 🦏? Thanks ☺️

I had to buy so many European priced, UK surround import SACDs (not issued in the US) including Roxy, Ferry, Tubular Bells, Strombringer, Machine Head, Ziggy, etc. that it's not funny. I think you too can also deal with it just fine, or maybe not.
Umm it's not cool,They are ignoring a 500 million plus market for whatever reason.
Luckily for me I'm not interested in the majority of the soft AOR stuff they put out
And definitely not part of some corporate support group that buys everything even if they don't even like it.
For those that aren't in the USA it's a real PITA and they have every right to complain

Umm it's not cool,They are ignoring a 500 million plus market for whatever reason.
Luckily for me I'm not interested in the majority of the soft AOR stuff they put out
And definitely not part of some corporate support group that buys everything even if they don't even like it.
For those that aren't in the USA it's a real PITA and they have every right to complain
The release of Quad master tapes from 50 years ago is what I am supporting. And of course there have been plenty of non-soft AOR type stuff. But what sinks in to me is how many surround programs have come on previous years and fizzled out after a number of releases. Or slowed down to a crawl, or release three titles per year. From DTS, to Warner DVD-A, to AF SACD, we've seen too many pull the plug. Sony Japan does nice work, love 'em but the slow pace is too slow for my purchase power.

With the Quadio era series I have gotten four (4) of my top dream selection list albums already. I'm ahead of the game in my wish list acquisitions.

I think that the Quadio line will find cases of that stock showing up in Europe and Japan as imports. It's just a way to recoup costs quickly to be Rhino exclusive at first without a middle man in there which is cool.

Last edited:
I received 8 quadio discs all with broken hubs. The cases weren't cracked.
Must have taken a beating on the week and a half trek from fed ex.
I wish they just put these in cardboard sleeves. Like the Joni box
I've been picking up odd disc releases at the thrift store in super jewel cases which I can use in the event I get a badly cracked case on a Quadio. The problem is they are the older ones with the thicker plastic. I would like my replacement cases to be exact matches to the recent releases.

Does anyone know if the ones at Acoustic Sounds are the perfect clone replacements?

MFSL discs are $30 or $35 aren't they? Compared to $20 for Quadio discs in 4-pack bundles.
So I'm with you for an other good reason, cost per disc.
Plus, the fact that MoFi's output never includes multi-channel versions, they have become largely irrelevant to me. I think the last one I bought was the Rascals, Groovin', mono SACD. And, to be honest, the reason I bit on it was for the advertised bonus "mono" single version of, "A Beautiful Morning," which turned out to be the same old fold-down. MFSL is certainly capable of doing exemplary work, but myself, I find it hard to cost justify spending 30 bucks a pop for their basic stereo layer only SACD Hybrid discs. As always, YMMV.

Plus, the fact that MoFi's output never includes multi-channel versions, they have become largely irrelevant to me. I think the last one I bought was the Rascals, Groovin', mono SACD. And, to be honest, the reason I bit on it was for the advertised bonus "mono" single version of, "A Beautiful Morning," which turned out to be the same old fold-down. MFSL is certainly capable of doing exemplary work, but myself, I find it hard to cost justify spending 30 bucks a pop for their basic stereo layer only SACD Hybrid discs. As always, YMMV.
The FEW QUAD MFSL did put out were outsourced to another company as MoFi's GAIN chain is ONLY geared toward replicating Stereo SACDs.....unlike Analogue Productions which does occasionally include surround on their SACDs!

What I do find somewhat aggravating is that the new crop of Stereo ONLY SACDs from AP from the 75th Anniversary Atlantic Records VINYL/Stereo SACD series are currently priced at $35 each with no further discounting available! And some of those CSN and CSNY are indeed ripe for either QUAD or ATMOS remixes [some may already have been done .... cannot vouch for that]. Am being ultra selective in ordering those as I am holding out for future surround releases!

My last order with RHINO DIRECT for Quadio Bundle #4 and Joni Mitchell's ATMOS boxset utilizing their coupon code and getting free s/h resulted in those 8 titles only costing me $18.52 each ....delivered with tax included. Contrast that with $35 plus tax/s/h from Acoustic Sounds for their Atlantic 75th series STEREO only SACDs!

Last edited:
My last order with RHINO DIRECT for Quadio Bundle #4 and Joni Mitchell's ATMOS boxset utilizing their coupon code and getting free s/h resulted in those 8 titles only costing me $18.52 each ....delivered with tax included. Contrast that with $35 plus tax/s/h from Acoustic Sounds for their Atlantic 75th series STEREO only SACDs!
That is a BIG factor of why I can support the Quadio efforts. I don't feel a sting when I click the buy button that I do with a Japan 7" SACD (I quit MFSL product a decade ago).

This and the fact that the two Quadio titles that were the least interesting to me (just did not like all the songs) are Spinners and Seals and Crofts. With Spinners a few of the non-hits are not as captivating to me personally, and with S&C it's the two hits I'm just about overexposed to at this point. So if that's the worst of the series run so far, they are actually a couple of stellar sounding titles with excellent sound and performances.

So yeah, not sweating discs that are priced so that the incentive is very strong to collect them all no sweat. I was ordering Audio Fidelity quad SACDs at just this price ($19) delivered from Deep Discount 8 frickin' years ago.

note: It's not quite the same incentive to international buyers with high shipping and customs duty taxes, and sometimes endless waiting times.

The release of Quad master tapes from 50 years ago is what I am supporting. And of course there have been plenty of non-soft AOR type stuff. But what sinks in to me is how many surround programs have come on previous years and fizzled out after a number of releases. Or slowed down to a crawl, or release three titles per year. From DTS, to Warner DVD-A, to AF SACD, we've seen too many pull the plug. Sony Japan does nice work, love 'em but the slow pace is too slow for my purchase power.

With the Quadio era series I have gotten four (4) of my top dream selection list albums already. I'm ahead of the game in my wish list acquisitions.

I think that the Quadio line will find cases of that stock showing up in Europe and Japan as imports. It's just a way to recoup costs quickly to be Rhino exclusive at first without a middle man in there which is cool.
We'll just have to agree to disagree,it's all good :SB

Back