4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my bundle today 15th November. Ordered on the first day 13th October.
A miracle no case was cracked or damaged, I havent unwrapped them yet but not a visible scratch. I have just taken them out of that flimsy cardboard box and astonished at how easily someone could have stolen them without not tearing any of the package as it was not even sealed.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Well, received my shipment up here in Canada today. Unfortunately I was charged HST on the shipment by Customs. Rhino charge me HST on the original order. Anyone else in Canada experience this? Nothing like getting taxed twice.
A ridiculous situation where the Canadian government mandates that businesses like Rhino collect Canadian taxes but the Postal service is unaware? It is Canada Post that should be doing the refunding!

Likely a tax number or something on the customs declaration should show that the HST was already paid. Usually small value shipments come through tax free anyway!

If it happens to me I'll be bringing a copy of the invoice to the post office with me!

A curious thing, I bought two of the quadio’s, AC - BDB and yesterday received BS - Paranoid, they seem to work differently, when I put AC into the player it plays the quad automatically then goes into the stereo straight after, the BS plays the quad and then stops, I cant help wondering why they differ, it’s not a big deal, just curious?

A curious thing, I bought two of the quadio’s, AC - BDB and yesterday received BS - Paranoid, they seem to work differently, when I put AC into the player it plays the quad automatically then goes into the stereo straight after, the BS plays the quad and then stops, I cant help wondering why they differ, it’s not a big deal, just curious?
On the Alice Cooper disc, the Quad and Stereo lengths differ, so they are put into one stream, one mix after the other, instead of two simultaneous streams. It's an odd choice given that it could have been two separate titles on the disc instead of one title, but maybe it has something to do with screen-less navigation or minimizing button presses. I don't own the disc so I can't say for sure, just echoing what I've seen on the forum. Anyway, this means you can't flip flop from stereo to quad at the click of a button on the AC disc, but the extended length of the quad mix is preserved.

On the Alice Cooper disc, the Quad and Stereo lengths differ, so they are put into one stream, one mix after the other, instead of two simultaneous streams. It's an odd choice given that it could have been two separate titles on the disc instead of one title, but maybe it has something to do with screen-less navigation or minimizing button presses. I don't own the disc so I can't say for sure, just echoing what I've seen on the forum. Anyway, this means you can't flip flop from stereo to quad at the click of a button on the AC disc, but the extended length of the quad mix is preserved.
Thanks for that, I never knew they were different lengths, i’ll never listen to the stereo so no big deal

Last edited:
A ridiculous situation where the Canadian government mandates that businesses like Rhino collect Canadian taxes but the Postal service is unaware? It is Canada Post that should be doing the refunding!

Likely a tax number or something on the customs declaration should show that the HST was already paid. Usually small value shipments come through tax free anyway!

If it happens to me I'll be bringing a copy of the invoice to the post office with me!
I still haven't received mine and contacted Rhino who replied:

• Delivery to addresses outside the United States can take up to 8 weeks (including Canada & Mexico).

• International orders will be shipped via international post (mail). In some cases UPS or USPS will deliver the package to your country and hand-off to your local postal service to initiate the import process.

• Shipments to most countries may continue to track with the UPS/USPS number provided, but details may be limited or not available during transit outside of the United States.

• You are responsible for any taxes or duties assessed by your government. (These are not included in the shipping & handling charge on your order.)

If we are responsible for sales tax then why do they charge it when we order? What do they do with what they collect?

I'll still purchase any future quadios, but not through Rhino.

My order has shipped. :SB It would have happened a month sooner if my order had completed the first time! Something messed up with the (my) Chrome browser, I've had the same problem with a couple of other sites. I don't know why I'm still using it. Firefox seems better, no problems!

I received my first batch very quickly!

My order has shipped. :SB It would have happened a month sooner if my ord. er had completed the first time! Something messed up with the (my) Chrome browser, I've had the same problem with a couple of other sitesI don't know why I'm still using it. Firefox seems better, no problems!

I received my first batch very quickly!

Yes it is. Most gravitate to Chrome, why I have no idea. It's slower, more susceptible to google ads, less privacy oriented, soon they will be rendering many extensions less or not functional.

In most every respect, Firefox was and is a better browser. Shame it's lost so much ground to Chrome, undeservedly IMO.

And Chromium based Edge is a bloated, unorganized mess. With Bing - a bunch of ads, news widgets to tempt you to "sponsored websites, and other bloated crap. Menu & settings are a joke compared to Firefox's organization. And Microsoft wonders why it's not very popular. Go back to basics with a clean, uncluttered UI, like Firefox. Edge reminds me of Yahoo, MSN, and other failed web portals.

Yes it is. Most gravitate to Chrome, why I have no idea. It's slower, more susceptible to google ads, less privacy oriented, soon they will be rendering many extensions less or not functional.

In most every respect, Firefox was and is a better browser. Shame it's lost so much ground to Chrome, undeservedly IMO.

And Chromium based Edge is a bloated, unorganized mess. With Bing - a bunch of ads, news widgets to tempt you to "sponsored websites, and other bloated crap. Menu & settings are a joke compared to Firefox's organization. And Microsoft wonders why it's not very popular. Go back to basics with a clean, uncluttered UI, like Firefox. Edge reminds me of Yahoo, MSN, and other failed web portals.
Firefox ..is the better browser , hmmmm.

Thanks for that info , it will come in handy for me.

Haven't checked this thread in over a month. Any word on the next batch?
Nooooooppppe.
This "2nd Batch" thread was started on Aug 18th, about a month or so after the first batch was released. If history repeats itself, maybe we will get the first teasers on the third batch in the next couple of weeks (or not). I would assume there will be a new thread.

Nooooooppppe.
This "2nd Batch" thread was started on Aug 18th, about a month or so after the first batch was released. If history repeats itself, maybe we will get the first teasers on the third batch in the next couple of weeks (or not). I would assume there will be a new thread.
didn't Foraging Rhino say the Spinners replacements come into stock on December 15th?💡🤩 if so maybe there will be something around that time.. 🤔🤞

didn't Foraging Rhino say the Spinners replacements come into stock on December 15th?💡🤩 if so maybe there will be something around that time.. 🤔🤞
AFAIK, Adam, the next QUADIO batch should be surfacing in January 2024 [or thereof] and I'm sure FR knows what they are. As to 'subtle' hints [bring 'em ON], perhaps it will be our yuletide gift .... and hopefully not spines which IMO are a bit confusing.

And fingers crossed, The Divine Miss M will be among that January batch because we could ALL use a bit of the Divine in this constantly shifting social milieu!

Bette Midler Hot | Bette Midler (born December 1, 1945) is an American ...

Last edited:
Dang dude, what a sweet stack of classic Marantz.
Brings tears to my eyes thinking about my old 2270 and 2440 quad amp stack.
Lost then to the first wife in the divorce
Thanks. This is a rescue configuration (mid-air re-fueling?) where the 1040 is driving the pre-outs for the rear channels. This is until I can put the 4140 into a repair shop for a spitty (transistor or resisters?) left rear channel. The 1040 was not being used at the moment so helping in a pinch.

I had a beautiful 4270 back when vintage Marantz was not sky high. Foolishly sold it out west and UPS destroyed it. Had it insured fortunately. Had several Marantz pieces go through my hands besides what I have today: 1060, 104, 4240. 4270, SQA1, SQA2, CD-400. Shipping was a lot cheaper too which facilitated purchases & sales.

I finally received my 2 Quadio's ......but not from Warner Rhino in L.A.
Still waiting for those since placing my original order on October 13th .
Well I gave up hope of ever seeing them...so 2 weeks ago I ordered 2 from Warner Music in Mississauga Ontario....
And today those from Canada arrived....in good condition too.đź‘Ś

I hope no one else experienced what I did.
20231127_150253.jpg

I finally received my 2 Quadio's ......but not from Warner Rhino in L.A.
Still waiting for those since placing my original order on October 13th .
Well I gave up hope of ever seeing them...so 2 weeks ago I ordered 2 from Warner Music in Mississauga Ontario....
And today those from Canada arrived....in good condition too.đź‘Ś

I hope no one else experienced what I did.
View attachment 98765
I’ll be ordering the next batch from Warner Music Canada. It’s an extra 20 bucks versus Rhino store but it’s been over a month now it’s getting ridiculous. Enjoy your Quadio’s!

AFAIK, Adam, the next QUADIO batch should be surfacing in January 2024 [or thereof] and I'm sure FR knows what they are. As to 'subtle' hints [bring 'em ON], perhaps it will be our yuletide gift .... and hopefully not spines which IMO are a bit confusing.

And fingers crossed, The Divine Miss M will be among that January batch because we could ALL use a bit of the Divine in this constantly shifting social milieu!

Bette Midler Hot | Bette Midler (born December 1, 1945) is an American ...

I wonder if the other Divine (of late) made any music albums ???

Good pick, btw.

Back