4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Got mine today. Somebody done messed up. First time around, discs were delivered to my house. No muss, no Fuss.
This time, had to go pick them up at the Post Office and pay an additional $23 because somebody is ignorant. The export label clearly mentions the contents as a Blu Ray, but didn't specify as a media disc. So, some clueless mongrel at the CBSA changed the importation documents to ELECTRONIC DEVICE and made me pay tax on them. Supposedly, there's a way to refute this but knowing Canada's bureaucracy (and having previously known people who work/worked at the CBSA.... oh my do I have stories).... there's little chance I'll get my money back.

I'm wondering if the same thing is holding other peoples' shipments up as well.

***Edit*** Oh, I should add my Dutton-Vocalion order showed up at my doorstep with no problems whatsoever.
Ugh. That sucks. Mine came today and I lucked out, the mailman just dropped them in the mailbox. No extra payment. Last time I had one broken case, this time all good!!

Sorry but that disc is on Capricorn, which is Universal records.
1699573368437.png

Hey Everybody
An update on the Spinners Quadio issue.
Found the problem ("Channel Driver issue" during the mastered audio file output sequence of events I'm told) and it has been resolved so we are re-running the entire production quantity. Too much bother to recall and re-pack the discs.
The 800 or so of those who have ordered / received this title will receive replacement copies. Same packaging. It's a total do-over. Looking at mid-December for those to go out.
On the Rhino web store site, it will now have a "Ships December 15th" or some language like that. (I see it ain't like that yet. Geez.) Okay, still early info obviously.

So the retail date will move but at least that will be fixed product shipping from Amazon or whoever.

Anyway, the good news is if you bought it from the site, we'll send you a new one when product is good to go. Patience.

Apologies and thanks.

Hey Everybody
Found the problem ("Channel Driver issue" during the mastered audio file output sequence of events I'm told) and it has been resolved so we are re-running the entire production quantity. Too much bother to recall and re-pack the discs.
The 800 or so of those who have ordered / received this title will receive replacement copies. Same packaging. It's a total do-over. Looking at mid-December for those to go out.
On the Rhino web store site, it will now have a "Ships December 15th" or some language like that. (I see it ain't like that yet. Geez.) Okay, still early info obviously.

So the retail date will move but at least that will be fixed product shipping from Amazon or whoever.

Anyway, the good news is if you bought it from the site, we'll send you a new one when product is good to go. Patience.

Apologies and thanks.
Thank you for making good on this!

Hey Everybody

Apologies and thanks.
Wonderful news! Thanky.

But I can't help but wonder at the 800 sold, I would have guessed/hoped that number to be higher by now. Is that typical of these recent Quadios, other than Paranoid?

Wonderful news! Thanky.

But I can't help but wonder at the 800 sold, I would have guessed/hoped that number to be higher by now. Is that typical of these recent Quadios, other than Paranoid?
Yeah, me too.
I bought all four in both batches. However I didn’t think this batch would do as well. Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper were huge selling acts with tons of fans (with lots of fans that love both). The fact that you almost get one disc free when you bundle meant it was worth getting all four.
This batch had four very different fan bases which makes it harder to justify the bundle if you only like one of them.

I bought all four in both batches. However I didn’t think this batch would do as well. Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper were huge selling acts with tons of fans (with lots of fans that love both). The fact that you almost get one disc free when you bundle meant it was worth getting all four.
This batch had four very different fan bases which makes it harder to justify the bundle if you only like one of them.
Not sure, this might suggest that popular rock titles will do better than others. I mean, I'll buy them all, but I prefer rock. Hands down...

Not sure, this might suggest that popular rock titles will do better than others. I mean, I'll buy them all, but I prefer rock. Hands down...
Well, for sure. Rock was the dominant commercial force of the 70’s when most of the legacy quads were made.
I only really care about the rock titles but I find these 70 quads generally more adventurous than a lot of the current mixes, so I will buy most of them.
My point was if you use the two rock titles and two non-rock titles formula, the rock titles will lift the sale of the other two.

Hey Everybody

Apologies and thanks.
Fantastic!
Good lookin’ out 🤩

Well, for sure. Rock was the dominant commercial force of the 70’s when most of the legacy quads were made.
I only really care about the rock titles but I find these 70 quads generally more adventurous than a lot of the current mixes, so I will buy most of them.
My point was if you use the two rock titles and two non-rock titles formula, the rock titles will lift the sale of the other two.
Not an idea original to me, but I think the bundles work in the tradition of the old Warner Bros. "Loss Leaders": take a chance; it won't cost you much; you might find something you didn't know you'd like.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/warner-brothers-loss-leaders.24773/http://www.seasonsinyourmind.com/comps/WRLL-Booklet-[2020].pdf

I like all 8 of the latest two sets of titles and that is the problem...so much good stuff...so little time...

Hey Everybody

Apologies and thanks.
Thank you for doing this, its much appreciated.

Hey Everybody

Apologies and thanks.
A truly fantastic response. Thank you Steve and all at Rhino, for taking the time to put this error right

Back