4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another week and no further tracking info.
View attachment 97787
Looks like USPS is still not decided on whether to accept it. The funny thing is this was shipped via UPS Mail Innovations Priority.
I wonder if their non-priority service would be quicker.

Mine is doing the same thing. No movement since October 23rd.

Next time I'll use WarnermusicCanada , as I see they are all available there.

Including Neil Young's Before And After bluray , and the first bundle of quadios.

Got mine today. Somebody done messed up. First time around, discs were delivered to my house. No muss, no Fuss.
This time, had to go pick them up at the Post Office and pay an additional $23 because somebody is ignorant. The export label clearly mentions the contents as a Blu Ray, but didn't specify as a media disc. So, some clueless mongrel at the CBSA changed the importation documents to ELECTRONIC DEVICE and made me pay tax on them. Supposedly, there's a way to refute this but knowing Canada's bureaucracy (and having previously known people who work/worked at the CBSA.... oh my do I have stories).... there's little chance I'll get my money back.

I'm wondering if the same thing is holding other peoples' shipments up as well.

***Edit*** Oh, I should add my Dutton-Vocalion order showed up at my doorstep with no problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
Isn't the big question now, "when will the speculation begin for the next set of Quadios?" 😂
I suspect another well rounded stylistically diverse set. A rock title, a jazz, soft-rock or singer-songwriter, and an r&b. They won't deny us a rock quad, and I suspect one of the previously unissued masters. Or could they give us two rock albums knowing those do really well.

We can start the speculation with this.............................? What could be #2 ?

1. Bloodshot
2. Energized
3. AWB
4. Svengali

Last edited:
I suspect another well rounded stylistically diverse set. A rock title, a jazz, soft-rock or singer-songwriter, and an r&b. They won't deny us a rock quad, and I suspect one of the previously unissued masters. Or could they give us two rock albums knowing those do really well.

We can start the speculation with this.............................? What could be #2 ?

1. Bloodshot
2. ???
3. AWB
4. Svengali
AWB kinda fits more than one style. I definitely like that.

The "rock" titles did well because something like Paranoid is a HUGE album. I'm not sure if any others would be as successful. It sold out pretty quickly, correct?

I still believe both Seals & Croft and Carly Simon could easily be a box set. Not anywhere near the popularity of Chicago or Doobies, but still popular in their own right. Plus, they have enough quad releases to do that. (Then again, Jefferson Airplane/Starship could have also fit that category. And it's not unprecedented to release one box set with both groups. But with Red Octopus out already, that Starship has sailed.)

1. Bloodshot
2. Energized
3. AWB
4. Svengali
All I want for Christmas is a corrected Spinners disc
🎅🏼 🎄 🙏🏼

1. Bloodshot
2. Energized
3. AWB
4. Svengali
I don't really think 1 & 2 are to be expected next. But both are wonderful oddballs.

1. Atlantic Crossing
2. MJQ
3. Diamond Girl
4. Gorilla

Does anyone know how Modern Jazz Quartet "The Last Concert" decodes in quad from CD-4 LP?
I have the two LP set and it has wonderful fidelity, and the performances are very strong. But I have not heard it in proper quad. Just wondered if it was anything special in rear channels, or just hall ambience and applause?

Last edited:
I could not believe that both AF and DV both had not issued that one from the quad masters. They call some titles "evergreens" for a reason.
some Sony stuff like most of the Edgar Winter, Johnny Winter, Dave Mason & Jose Feliciano albums that were released in Quad have been tied up in licencing deals with other labels for years otherwise i'm fairly sure we'd have seen DV remasters of them by now.

some feel possibly out of reach either because the label or artist isn't interested/cooperating or has since moved to another label or controls their own catalogue (Aerosmith, Barbra Streisand, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, Janis Ian, Paul Simon/Simon & Garfunkel) or we're left with just one Quad not reissued now (Blue Öyster Cult's "Tyranny & Mutation", Labelle's "Phoenix") or there only ever was one Quad in the first place (B.T. Express' "Energy To Burn", Maynard Ferguson's "Conquistador", Wild Cherry's "Electrified Funk") so all those feel unlikely 🤷🏻‍♀️

while i've given up hope for most of the above (and any Andy Williams or Johnny Mathis Quads for that matter 😅 ) and i haven't got a clue what's in the offing, i still hope some really cool things may still appear one day, like Mountain, Blood Sweat & Tears & Jefferson Airplane, including previously unreleased Quads.. we'll see! 🙏🤞

Back