4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok fuck it then for Quadio. Time to get “Srormbringer” out from a nice rich original master QUAD tape with but subtle smiley face EQ and a touch of gentle compression!!! Just to make it pop!
Unless this is just the beginning of DP 50th anniversary box sets, then a similar package for Stormbringer may be in the works.

Unless this is just the beginning of DP 50th anniversary box sets, then a similar package for Stormbringer may be in the works.
Well I guess “In Rock” and “Fireball” could be coming as well? No I see this as an everything and the kitchen sink release - much of it rehash. They better be careful that they don’t build this thing up so big that price is too high and it does not sell as well as it would have. There is a fine line. Just an opinion.

He's used generous "smiley" EQ and excessive compression in the past (Chicago Quadio, some albums worse than others). In other cases, he may underuse EQ when the original mixes have tonal imbalances.
True maybe in a few cases. But first three Chicago albums needed a tweak imo. Doobies were a slight bit cold or smiling, and more of the recent things have been good to great. I think he’s improved and is listening to the mids more carefully. He has not imo ruined anything yet. He nailed Black Sabbath and Charles Mingus quite fine, but the masters for both were pretty much near perfect already.

Last edited:
Ok fuck it then for Quadio. Time to get “Srormbringer” out from a nice rich original master QUAD tape with but subtle analog smiley face EQ and a light touch of gentle analog compression!!! Just to make it pop!
Maybe there is an agreement- quad mix is licensed for this set with the understanding that Rhino can issue it later as a Quadio BR? I hope Rhino insisted that the UK quad mix master tape be made available to use later as well.

Rhino is aware and is properly harassing Gnarlywood about it and shipping containers.
Thanks! As mentioned, the problem is not the customs (this is ok, it's the law) but the triple service fee for three packages - the last disc arrived today and in total I paid 18 Euros (that's about 20 Dollars) for, well, nothing (plus the customs, of course). Sending a batch in one parcel would make things much, much easier for us overseas customers (and save some bucks to buy the next batch, btw. ;) )

Oh, but anyway, the WAR disc sounds fantastic! :)

Really? I recall the general masses of audiophiles disliked those two CD issues calling them too bright. They did have that excessive sparkle sheen that is not needed in this production imo. With a brassy musical production it's very easy to get carried away on the treble and go to far, and many felt that is what they did. I was used to the original LP pressing.
Joe Gastwirt's 1995 "Avenue Gold" mastering is Josh Mound's ("The Best Version Of...") preference:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ghetto-with-dolby-atmos-mix.33171/post-664684

Rhino is aware and is properly harassing Gnarlywood about it and shipping containers.
It would be great if Rhino could implement foreign sales tax - as other sites do, eg. CDJapan, Amazon, eBay. I don't imagine it would be that complicated if they already have to cater for different sales taxes within the US. It would save buyers money (while also increasing tax revenue). It would then not matter anywhere near as much if the parcels were sent out separately, because there would be no fees to pay. Reminder: it's not the tax that's the problem, it's the fee that is charged for collecting it. If Rhino collected it for us, as they are expected to do*, we would not have to pay this extra fee.

Any chance you can suggest this change, @ForagingRhino? There are people who are put off buying from Rhino because of the (risk of) fees, so the proposed change would help improve sales.

Thanks

*From the UK government website: Tax and customs for goods sent from abroad "If you bought the goods yourself and they are not excise goods, the seller will have included VAT in the total you paid." Note that it is expected that the non-UK seller will have collected tax, though clearly that doesn't always happen.

Well, one way to look at it is that this quarter we have 5 Quadio releases to look forward to. We have four from Rhino, and one in collaboration from Warner / Purple Records Europe. Let's look at it from a positive perspective.

I'd like to hope that Machine Head arrives without a phony center or generated sub channel, just pure original quad without being brick-wall boosted, a touch of tasteful EQ is all.

So much quad coming, my glass is full! The next four will be some tasty treats, I have a feeling we will be surprised yet again!

Last edited:
It would be great if Rhino could implement foreign sales tax - as other sites do, eg. CDJapan, Amazon, eBay. I don't imagine it would be that complicated if they already have to cater for different sales taxes within the US.
The system is called IOSS and as far as I know it isn't complicated. SDE does it also now and it surely helps a lot ....

Wow...bad news for Canadians who ordered the Quadios#3 from Warner Music Canada...like me...the shipping date has been moved to May 4, 2024!!!!! When I contacted them to see if that applied to my "first day" order, and to cancel if so, they canceled my order! No apology or explanation. Rhino & their associated companies have REAL problems. So, of course I ordered the Quadios from the US site, and now it will be 6 weeks till I hear them...like the other times. Darn, I could've just ordered from them in the 1st place, on Day 1. Worst customer service in the industry...wish they'd take a look at SDE, D-V, Burning Shed, CDJapan, who have such amazing worldwide service...

Wow...bad news for Canadians who ordered the Quadios#3 from Warner Music Canada...like me...the shipping date has been moved to May 4, 2024!!!!! When I contacted them to see if that applied to my "first day" order, and to cancel if so, they canceled my order! No apology or explanation. Rhino & their associated companies have REAL problems. So, of course I ordered the Quadios from the US site, and now it will be 6 weeks till I hear them...like the other times. Darn, I could've just ordered from them in the 1st place, on Day 1. Worst customer service in the industry...wish they'd take a look at SDE, D-V, Burning Shed, CDJapan, who have such amazing worldwide service...
The Quadio titles do and are scheduled to go on sale at other sites like Amazon, etc. Not sure of exact date, is it Feb. 20?

So this time I ordered from Warner Music Canada, big mistake. Firstly I don't believe that I saved any money. Secondly I had to wait months for my "pre-order" to even get to Warner.

Finally a month ago I received a notification that my order was finally on its way. After waiting and waiting patiently I checked that original email and found the tracking number only to find that the package had just been sent back!!!!! :mad:

The problem is twofold, firstly Warner didn't ask me for a phone number. I've dealt with Purolator a lot and they always want a phone number in case of delivery problems. If they attempt a delivery and no one is home they often leave a card with pickup information. I don't believe that was done, they say that I'm outside their normal delivery area, however I recently received several shipments via Purolator direct to my door. Why was a delivery notice not mailed out if they had no phone number?

My only problem ordering direct from Rhino was being charged tax twice. Shipping was fast! The amount collected by Canada Post and Canada Customs was fully refunded when I sent proof of the previous payment.

Now I'll be lucky to get this batch by the time the next batch is out.:(

Last edited:
So this time I ordered from Warner Music Canada, big mistake. Firstly I don't believe that I saved any money. Secondly I had to wait months for my "pre-order" to even get to Warner.

Finally a month ago I received a notification that my order was finally on its way. After waiting and waiting patiently I checked that original email and found the tracking number only to find that the package had just been sent back!!!!! :mad:

The problem is twofold, firstly Warner didn't ask me for a phone number. I've dealt with Purolator a lot and they always want a phone number in case of delivery problems. If they attempt a delivery and no one is home they often leave a card with pickup information. I don't believe that was done, they say that I'm outside their normal delivery area, however I recently received several shipments via Purolator direct to my door. Why was a delivery notice not mailed out if they had no phone number?

My only problem ordering direct from Rhino was being charged tax twice. Shipping was fast! The amount collected by Canada Post and Canada Customs was fully refunded when I sent proof of the previous payment.

Now I'll be lucky to get this batch by the time the next batch is out.:(
Try Deep Discount
Reputable,been around for years and top prices.
Got them to send me the WAR quadio overseas for less than Rhino themselves
All in stock quadios are 19 bucks and change.
https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?q=quadio&mod=AP

IMG_1703.jpeg

Back