Has there ever been any surround mixes of 90's hair metal bands Slaughter or Steelheart?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impossible to keep track of all the Atmos etc that is churning out on different platforms, but just wondering if two of my fave 90's hair metal bands ever had surround sound releases yet? Particularly Slaughter-1990 Stick it to ya and Steelheart's self titled 1990 release. thx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 4.05.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 4.05.55 PM.png
    194.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 4.05.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 4.05.40 PM.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 0
Není možné sledovat všechny Atmos atd., které chrlí na různých platformách, ale jen by mě zajímalo, jestli dvě z mých oblíbených hair metalových kapel z 90. let už někdy vydaly prostorový zvuk? Zvláště Slaughter-1990 Stick it to ya a Steelheart's self-titled 1990 release. díky
Slaughter - Then and Now - DVD Audio

That DVD Audio is most likely junk. It is a Silverline release and I think ~95% of them were terrible quality surround. I don't see a poll for it, but probably because it is that bad. Unless you can find it ridiculously cheap, I would steer clear. Unfortunately there isn't much from the hair metal age in surround, trust me. I am always looking.

That DVD Audio is most likely junk. It is a Silverline release and I think ~95% of them were terrible quality surround. I don't see a poll for it, but probably because it is that bad. Unless you can find it ridiculously cheap, I would steer clear. Unfortunately there isn't much from the hair metal age in surround, trust me. I am always looking.
Guns n Roses, Mötley Crüe (DVD Video-AC3), Def Leppard, Mr Big, Stratovarius (AC3- very good 5.1 mix), Queensryche (Empire and Tribe album), Manowar, Dokken (Silverline label)... It's not enough ...

Guns n Roses, Mötley Crüe (DVD Video-AC3), Def Leppard, Mr Big, Stratovarius (AC3- very good 5.1 mix), Queensryche (Empire and Tribe album), Manowar, Dokken (Silverline label)... It's not enough ...
I have most of them, too. Whitesnake has some 5.1 videos they released with their self titled reissue, which are decent.

Their self title 30th anniversary box set. Also know as 1987. It has a dvd with 4 remastered videos into 5.1--Still Of The Night, Here I Go Again 1987, Is This Love, Give Me All You Love

20231123_123507.jpg
20231123_123458.jpg

Their self title 30th anniversary box set. Also know as 1987. It has a dvd with 4 remastered videos into 5.1--Still Of The Night, Here I Go Again 1987, Is This Love, Give Me All You Love

View attachment 98604View attachment 98605
So I heard the 5.1 mixes and unfortunately it's not worth talking about. It's a little more than a matrix upmix, but there wasn't an emphasis on the quality of a discrete mix. Soundwise it's not quite 100% either. Maybe sometime in the future they will make an album in a quality 5.1 mix. The band's music is good.

Some of the ones I have that (very) loosely fall into that area. The Geoff Tate DVDA I just bought new last week from Amazon.com for $11.

Attachments

• IMG_E7919.JPG
    IMG_E7919.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_E7920.JPG
    IMG_E7920.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I forgot about Linkin Park, that was really good, imo. Bon Jovi Splippery When Wet is really good. Metallica, not so much. Silverline releases, not so much. Queensryche Empire was good, NIN is decent, both of the releases (forget what they are now). GnR is really good. I heard that Motorhead Ace Of Spades is good, but don't have it since not really a fan. Aerosmith is good.
I wish there were more...so much potential.

Slaughter - Then and Now and Brides of Destruction - Here Come the Brides sound great and are worth buying. I also recommend Gotthard - Lip service

Sadly the best track off that Slaughter album wasn’t even on the faux surround release, it was a live version instead.

NIN isn’t hair/glam metal obviously but their surround mixes are amazing, very very very active and discrete surround material.

Would love to get 5.1 mixes of White Lion’s Atlantic albums, some Kix, Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Great White, RATT, Cinderella, etc; bring it on! So much great guitar work.

Many people don't even know that Steve Lukather, for example, has a DTS CD album that sounds very good in 5.1. The album is called Candyman.

Back