How can you get Screen Caps of Blu-Ray video on the PC?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I wanted to get some screen caps from the new Police Blu-Ray disc to post in the HiRez Poll thread for this title, but it appears that the "Capture Screen" function of PowerDVD has been removed for Blu-Ray discs.

I understand that AnyDVD will rip a disc frame by frame to a directory on your HD, but that's a waste to me, as I don't want the whole freaking disc.

Does anyone know how to get a screen grab from BD playback on the PC? (The old PrintScreen deal does not work, I already tried it)

Not sure what the "threat" to the studios is by preventing screen captures. You can easily do this with a regular DVD. :mad:@:

Tried it, but it doesn't do it. I must have to do with the HDCP stuff. Bummer. Neat program, thought.... (Neat?) :mad:@:

Tried it, but it doesn't do it. I must have to do with the HDCP stuff. Bummer. Neat program, thought.... (Neat?) :mad:@:

Forgot to check back on this, drag that it didn't work. What *did* you get, blank screen or zilch?

Another idea might be Fraps; my son uses some pretty advanced train simulators (MSTS & Trainz) and only Fraps has been able to record those sequences ocurring in DirectX 9 or 10 environment (I forget which).

See details and download here: http://www.fraps.com/

Back