How to release Atmos Music on a physical format?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franck

QQ Supporter
I have seen the thread on Atmos on Blu-Ray.

I would like to release some of my music in a physical format. I did in the past a movie DVD with a 5.1 track. I'd like to do something similar but with Atmos encoding. Is Blu-Ray the only option? Is that popular/compatible with most systems?

Any link to a tutorial on how to put your music on such support?

Thanks

I have seen the thread on Atmos on Blu-Ray.

I would like to release some of my music in a physical format. I did in the past a movie DVD with a 5.1 track. I'd like to do something similar but with Atmos encoding. Is Blu-Ray the only option? Is that popular/compatible with most systems?

Any link to a tutorial on how to put your music on such support?

Thanks
Blu-ray is the only option, and you'd have to encode your Atmos mix to TrueHD (w/ Atmos metadata), and author a Blu-ray image from that. There certainly won't be any HELPFUL guides so if you run into any snags LMK.

Blu-ray is the only option, and you'd have to encode your Atmos mix to TrueHD (w/ Atmos metadata), and author a Blu-ray image from that. There certainly won't be any HELPFUL guides so if you run into any snags LMK.
Thanks, or may be there are services that can do that for me based on an atmos master?

The difficulty for me, is to get a Blu-Ray writer so I can test the result in my Blu-Ray player.

Thanks, or may be there are services that can do that for me based on an atmos master?

The difficulty for me, is to get a Blu-Ray writer so I can test the result in my Blu-Ray player.
Not that I'm aware of. If you have the Dolby Encoder, you can output a TrueHD file, mux it into an M2TS stream, and author a crude-ish Blu-ray with MultiAVCHD.

Last edited:
You can use whatever format you please of course. You can even leave Dolby encoding out of the equation and release straight pcm 12 channel audio. But if you want someone using a stand alone bluray player plugged into a Dolby decoding hardware device, you need to encode to TrueHD+Atmos with the dolby media encoder suite. (You'll have to know someone. They only sell to corporate entities they have vetted at present.)

Certainly not all but at present a lot of the AV receivers with built in Dolby Atmos decoding will lock out a standard PCM 12 channel input over HDMI and only allow a dolby encoded signal.

Back