If you could only choose 3 artists, for their entire albums to be released in 5.1...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beatles, will probably be a popular choice.

( Can a Mod correct my "realeased" spelling mistake in thread title, please ? ) :D

Beatles, will probably be a popular choice.

( Can a Mod correct my "realeased" spelling mistake in thread title, please ? ) :D

Of course! (re: Spelling Mistake)

To answer the original question, I have to think. It would be smart to choose an artist that has a very large output to benefit the most from getting "their entire" catalog out. That relegates this to "old fart" acts that were around in the late 60s-early 70s to now. Beatles are an obvious choice, although most fans have already lived through their peak Bealtes listening years.

I would start with Neil Young. Such a diverse catalog, however, if we waited for Neil to do it, he'd be dead and we'd be dead! :mad:@:

The next slot could be a solo artist like Paul Simon, Billy Joel, James Taylor, Elton John. Mainstream artists with deep catalogs of albums, both good and not so good.

Then the power of a group like Aerosmith, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin.

Sounds like a bad playlist from a classic rock station! :yikes

These things are difficult to answer, as there are so many choices.

Then again, you could always go eclectic. I mean, who would not want to hear "Spiders and Snakes" by Jim Stafford in 5.1! :)

Of course! (re: Spelling Mistake)

To answer the original question, I have to think. It would be smart to choose an artist that has a very large output to benefit the most from getting "their entire" catalog out. That relegates this to "old fart" acts that were around in the late 60s-early 70s to now. Beatles are an obvious choice, although most fans have already lived through their peak Bealtes listening years.

I would start with Neil Young. Such a diverse catalog, however, if we waited for Neil to do it, he'd be dead and we'd be dead! :mad:@:

The next slot could be a solo artist like Paul Simon, Billy Joel, James Taylor, Elton John. Mainstream artists with deep catalogs of albums, both good and not so good.

Then the power of a group like Aerosmith, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin.

Sounds like a bad playlist from a classic rock station! :yikes

These things are difficult to answer, as there are so many choices.

Then again, you could always go eclectic. I mean, who would not want to hear "Spiders and Snakes" by Jim Stafford in 5.1! :)

I found it easy to choose my 3 Jon....but could choose so many more !

Excluding the obvious Beatles collective wishful thinking

Dixie Dregs, 10cc and Steve Hackett

All are veteran artists, however SH continues to release terrific albums. Tough choice, tempered by repeat listening potential for me.

OBVIOUS: >>>Led Zeppelin<<<

Last edited:
i would be ostracized and damned to burn in hell but Beatles catalog perhaps would be last in my wish list.
obviously i have way more than just 3 but if to limit myself then it would be

Black Sabbath (Ozzy's era)
Supertramp
10CC

2 latest was done with musical arrangement which just begging to be in surround

This is way,way to hard to only put down 3, so will put a few trios.

Yes,Velvet Underground,Beatles

Love & Rockets,Cocteau Twins,Television

ELO,Supertramp,Led Zep

The Chills,Neal Morse,Peter Gabriel

Trios! Excellent rule-bend! My dirty rotten cheatin' updated list:

Pink Floyd (including all solo projects), Yes (including all solo projects), Gong (including all solo projects)

The Beatles (inclding all solo projects), The Who (including all solo projects), The Mothers (including all solo projects)

Steve Roach (including all non-solo projects), Fripp & Eno (including all solo projects), Tangerine Dream (including all solo projects - though truthfully, I'd only want about a quarter of them)

Even with all the cheats, I still couldn't cram in all my heart's desires! :sun

So easy!

1 - Led Zeppelin
2 - David Bowie
3 - Love & Rockets
4 - The Mission

Okay, that is four - I cannot get this down to 3.

Back