If you could only choose 3 artists, for their entire albums to be released in 5.1...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already own pretty much every surround sound release on the market (that I want to), and expect things like Meddle and Animals to appear at some point, so - given that much that I love is already out there - I would have to say....

Steely Dan
John Barry
Earth Wind & Fire

Radiohead
Led Zeppelin
Steely Dan

Though a 5.1 of Heaven or Las Vegas would be incredible.

I think music with tons of layers would be ideal for 5.1. Those 3 seem to have that. As far as current artists, The National, Daft Punk and Vampire Weekend.

Radiohead
Led Zeppelin
Steely Dan

Though a 5.1 of Heaven or Las Vegas would be incredible.

I think music with tons of layers would be ideal for 5.1. Those 3 seem to have that. As far as current artists, The National, Daft Punk and Vampire Weekend.

anything by Gordon lightfoot, Pink Floyd -The Wall , anything by Steely Dan.

btw I see you're a fleetwood mac fan- I just got the sacd rumours brand new for $32. great album in surround

Led Zeppelin (Including solo albums)

Pink Floyd

Yes

Early Uriah Heep, Sabbath, Chicago, and many many more

1 - Love and Rockets. Without a doubt one of the most criminally under-rated bands ever.
2 - The Mission. "Children" (produced by John Paul Jones & often described as "the best album Led Zeppelin never made") in 5.1 would make my cup runneth well over!
3 - The Sweet. Before anyone starts to laugh, there was much more to them than the singles, and "Sweet FA" clearly shows exactly where Queen got their sound from, right down to the operatic BV's (again with the drummist being the falsetto) and the custom Red Guitar.

Oh, and Led Zeppelin of course

It's pretty damned great that all of us who requested Yes for this dream list are getting our wish!

I agree that it's great we're getting at least some of the Yes albums, but no way we're getting their entire catalog. If we get TYA thru GFTO, I'll be absolutley amazed (and happy as a pig in slop).

Led Zeppelin (Including solo albums)

Pink Floyd

Yes

Early Uriah Heep, Sabbath, Chicago, and many many more

The Robert Plant box set has a DVD of his videos in 5.1 DD.

Peg Leg Pete
pete.jpg

Gefilte Joe & the Fish
820896.jpg

George Carlin
1098632.jpg

Back