• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Is Music Evil?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

MidiMagic

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Whether it is evil depends on intent.

When the "Staircase to Heaven" flap started, I recorded the record on a half-track stereo recorder and turned the tape over to play it backward. It took a far stretch of the imagination to hear what people were claiming.

I do have recordings of two songs where some tracks of one are backwards taken from the other:

Tommy James and the Shondells recorded "I think we're alone now" first. Later they reversed the drum and rhythm tracks (and the chord order) to make "Mirage".

boondocks

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I had some acquaintaces (Gregg, mostly) that recorded two albums with .....ah it escapes me now. Look up Stranger. Last I saw them (a while) they were in Tampa.
Anyway on which ever album had the song "shakedown" they had a short track deliberately placed backwards on the LP where they just say "shakedown" several times, but of course it's backwards.
Sounds wicked as hell of course but when you spin the LP backwards it's pretty tame. I'm thinking the reverse words may have been at the song's beginnings. Too many years since I had the LP.

IMachine

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
That image looks even more evil with the play button in his mouth.

Are we talking salvage beasts here?
This is completely unlistible! I had to turn it off after a minute.
I found that from a site called „The weirdest bands of all time“ several years ago.