Is there a decent listing of DTS Entertainment releases?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarkNovak

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I was cataloging my collection (again) recently and realized that I have never seen a comprehensive list of releases 5.1 releases by DTS Entertainment. (By "comprehensive" I mean with actual release dates, catalog numbers, etc.) It seems like the major trade publications never really gave consistent news about these releases, so Billboard and High Fidelity back issues are pretty useless.

Does anyone know of a resource for accurate dating and issue information on these releases?

I was cataloging my collection (again) recently and realized that I have never seen a comprehensive list of releases 5.1 releases by DTS Entertainment. (By "comprehensive" I mean with actual release dates, catalog numbers, etc.) It seems like the major trade publications never really gave consistent news about these releases, so Billboard and High Fidelity back issues are pretty useless.

Does anyone know of a resource for accurate dating and issue information on these releases?

The closest listings I could come up with are those from Discogs but a lot of the titles included are NOT from DTS Entertainment:

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=DTS+Entertainment&type=all&page=1

i got there from this main page:
http://www.surrounddiscography.com/index.htm

True that--although if you do a "Ctrl-F" on "Entertainment," it'll highlight the 86 DTS Entertainment releases on the list.

True, but there's still no dates on Mark's page. And a lot of the DTSE discs were reissued; the original edition of Bonnie Raitt's "Road Tested" came out in the lates '90s in the small CD jewel box format, but a Super Jewel version with revised booklet, disc art and catalog numbers was issued in 2001 (I know this because I have that one). I appreciate what he does, but this isn't comprehensive at all.

I tried an "Advanced" search on discogs with dts Entertainment under label in quotation marks and came up with this list, is this more definitive? :unsure:

Discogs is useful to a point, but since it's a user-driven database, there's a lot of errors and omissions. I'm hoping to find a comprehensive list of DTS Entertainment releases.

I contacted a PR person at Xperi, who owns DTS now, to see if they have some archival material - fingers crossed :whistle:

Yep, it has not been updated since 2014, it takes info from a super sluthe like you to share what you know so the rest of the world can enjoy the information that you give
Here's some updates...

- London Symphony Orchestra / London Philharmonic - The Four Seasons
Of Love - Autumn Tears. DTS Entertainment

Of Love - Spring Affair. DTS Entertainment

Of Love - Summer Passion. DTS Entertainment

- Debussy: Childrens Corner/Petite Suite #1 (Jean Martinon, French National Radio
Orch.). DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1037

- Debussy: Fantaisie For Piano And Orchestra, etc (Jean Martinon, French National Radio
Orch.). DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1038

- Debussy: Images for Orchestra (Jean Martinon, French National Radio Orch.). DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1039

- Debussy: La Mer/Nocturnes #4 (Jean Martinon, French National Radio
Orch.). DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1040

* Debussy: Prelude A L'Apres-Midi D'un Faune (Jean Martinon, French
National Radio Orch.). DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1041

- Grieg: Peer Gynt (Paavo Berglund, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra).
DTS CD-1028

- Handel: Handel's Water Garden (London Symphony Orchestra).
DTS Entertainment 710215104621

- Holst: The Planets (Andre Previn, London Symphony Orchestra).
DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1029

- Mozart: Symphony 35 & 36 (Herbert von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic
Orchestra). DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1023

- Mozart: Symphony 38 & 39 (Herbert von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic
Orchestra). DTS CD-1024

- Mozart: Symphony 40 & 41 (Herbert Von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic
Orchestra). DTS CD-1025

- Mozart: Classic (London Symphony Orchestra). DTS Entertainment
7102151049-2-8

- Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker (London Symphony Orchestra, Don Jackson).
DTS Entertainment 69286-01134-2-8

- Tchaikovsky: Suite #3 (London Philharmonic Orchestra, Sir Adrian Boult).
DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1031

- Tchaikovsky: Symphony #4 (Herbert Von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic).
DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1032

- Tchaikovsky: Symphony #5 (Herbert Von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic).
DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1033

- Tchaikovsky: Symphony#6 (Herbert Von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic).
DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1034

- Verdi: Aida (Montserrat Caballe, Placido, Domingo, Riccardo Muti,New
Philharmonia Orch. & Chorus). DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1022

- Villa-Lobos: Bachianas Brasileiras 2, 5, 6, 9 (Orchestre National De La
Radiodiffusion Francaise). DTS Entertainment DTS CD-1042

Thanks. I have always been inspired by my passions in music and usually classical not being one so appreciate the help. Hopefully I can find time to update soon and hope that other folks on this thread can share things I missed so we can help others out down the road

Yes, it sounds like a release that didn’t make it as a DTS Entertainment title. But from what I see now, it’s a regular DVD release with DD and DTS sound. It’s a live concert, so, not so sure how good the mix is.
Plus that DVD has several listings from Zoo. I wondered if some pirate made a DTS cd from the DVD.

Back