Dual Disc italian Dualdisc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Hi,
today i found a Dualdisc in the last place i would had looking for: a newspaper kiosk.
It's kind of funny, other than the Springsteen disc i've seen no dualdisc at all.
This dualdisc is intresting for marketing reason: it's a dance compilation of current hot techno/dance tracks done by the M2O label, which is well-known by kids and teens by their FM radios, Satellite TV programs and dance CD releases. A clear sign that Sony is trying to target the >20 market.
The DVD side has a full video compilation, same sequence as the audio cd side, with videos (original or done by a graph lab - very nices indeed!) and the audio part is stereo or 5.1 (DD only).
The surround mix is nothing special, since it starts with stereo tracks, and the surround channels are used for effects on the mix between songs or other stuff like that. However it's not bad as the description seems to suggest - i prefer this over a fake surround done by a quick unwrap - which is always possible using the stereo track and runnin it thru any DSP-effect present in the receiver.
A nice suprise for Dualdisc, even if the surround channels aren't used at the full potential.

Last edited:
solaris said:
Where is the Goblin DualDisc
Yea I want the 70's Masters of the italian horror soundtrack in 5.1
http://www.italianprog.com/a_goblin.htm

Ask the Japanese. The entire Cinevox catalog has been bought many years ago by a japanese comapny and now they own the rights for it.
This is also the reason why Cinevox CDs are mainly from Japan, especially the sought-after Cherry Five albums.

Back