Jackson Brown....again?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff

http://www.elusivedisc.com/products.asp?dept=665

JACKSON BROWNE/RUNNING ON EMPTY MULTI-CH DVD-A
Release Date: October 28th, 2003 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
Jackson Browne's Live Masterpiece in 5.1 Surround Sound on DVD-Audio. Includes 2 Unreleased Tracks, Exclusive Video, Lyrics and Hundreds of Tour Photographs.
Format: WEA Multichannel DVD-Audio

Is it true? Naaaah, I'm dreaming.

What is the problem with this disc??

I WANT IT!!

I WANT IT NOW!!

I HATE TO WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT!!

Didn't we read a great article about TWO years ago concerning Jackson mixing this DVD-A???

:( :howl :flame :smack:

:-jon

JonUrban said:
What is the problem with this disc??

I WANT IT!!

I WANT IT NOW!!

I HATE TO WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT!!

Didn't we read a great article about TWO years ago concerning Jackson mixing this DVD-A???

:( :howl :flame :smack:

:-jon

Jon, It's funny...We both commented on this when the last delay was announced!!! I'm fed up! Now they're saying FEB 2004!!!
Yes, It has to be 2 years ago when i first read about this .
On the other hand, I'm amazed how it was only a few weeks ago I first heard about The Who's Tommy and Elton John's GBYBR being released in MC and here it is TODAY...Tommy is going to be out(I hope!) and GBYBR in a few weeks!!!
I just don't get why it is taking sooooo looooong for JB to get this out!!!
Talk to you in 4 months...when it gets delayed again!
Tim

Latest news for Mr Hurley is expect Jackson Browne in May.

Neil Young is now January, REM catalog now May.

Sorry Guys!

Patrick Cleasby said:
Latest news for Mr Hurley is expect Jackson Browne in May.

Neil Young is now January, REM catalog now May.

Sorry Guys!

Patrick, Where did u hear about this news of a May release???
I thought it was to be Feb!
Believe me, at this point, It doesn't surprise me...I'm just curious.
Tim

timw said:
Patrick, Where did u hear about this news of a May release???
I thought it was to be Feb!
Believe me, at this point, It doesn't surprise me...I'm just curious.
Tim

Same Source, Robin Hurley, producer of the discs...

Patrick,

Are they waiting for the "flip disc" or what? I can't believe that they would spend THIS MUCH TIME working on the mix!!!???

JonUrban said:
Patrick,

Are they waiting for the "flip disc" or what? I can't believe that they would spend THIS MUCH TIME working on the mix!!!???

I think they must be, although they refuse to be drawn on the topic, or what the first "dual disc" (their preferred terminology) will be.

Remember, last time I broached the subject, Robin said that even though the delays a year ago were due to Jackson going back to the mixes (never give an artist his own Nuendo system!), this time it was complete, and the delay was a "marketing" call...

These delays are not good for the format. This should be a "Hi-Rez" Christmas, but it will end up being an SACD Christmas.

I'll still be sitting by the fire listening to GYBR and Tommy, but it will be on SACD!

Perhaps these delays are necessary to launch this format all the way.

As soon as I heard Dec 2003 for potential flippers, I knew it would realistically be 3-6 months longer to get the marketing machinery in place to pull it off.

Would've been nice to have a flipper DVD-A Christmas, but I sense this move will catapult a lot more titles into our hands during 2004...

Back