Jethro Tull Minstrel in the Gallery Remix Next?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's surely just poor wording, but the official note at jtull.com makes it sound like only two tracks and Jakko's mix of the live material will be in surround. You have to read the small print on the image of the front cover, or the note at the end about the DVD release, to get a sense the the whole album gets a surround mix.

...just read this whole thread and realised I am sitting in 2015 - yippee! Having moved house I still have War Child surround to listen to.... happy daze...

...just read this whole thread and realised I am sitting in 2015 - yippee! Having moved house I still have War Child surround to listen to.... happy daze...
That will be a treat for you. Be sure to listen to the original quad version too. It is worthy in its own right.

In my opinion. the last few Tull anniversary releases are hands down THE best effort at supplying what the customer really wants and at a reasonable price. Minstral is a great album and has been a favorite of mine for many years. I am looking forward to getting it and I am hoping the series continues.

I am waaaay stoked to be able to obtain and listen to a KNOWN UNRELEASED VAULT QUAD, one that has languished in dusty storage all this time. Thankyou Steven Wilson. Thankyou Ian Anderson. Thankyou Chrysalis/Parlophone/WB.
Like someone said in a prior post "I feel like Snuggles when he got a dog biscuit."
I only hope more UNRELEASED VAULT QUADS see the light of day.

Oh by the way I have the first 3 tracks of " Minstrel " broadcast by the BBC in h/hj in 78 and the "checkered flag "fr." Too Old..."(the actual album tracks not live stuff).

I am waaaay stoked to be able to obtain and listen to a KNOWN UNRELEASED VAULT QUAD, one that has languished in dusty storage all this time. Thankyou Steven Wilson. Thankyou Ian Anderson. Thankyou Chrysalis/Parlophone/WB.
Like someone said in a prior post "I feel like Snuggles when he got a dog biscuit."
I only hope more UNRELEASED VAULT QUADS see the light of day.

Oh by the way I have the first 3 tracks of " Minstrel " broadcast by the BBC in h/hj in 78 and the "checkered flag "fr." Too Old..."(the actual album tracks not live stuff).

I must have missed taping that broadcast! Can you remember when it was?

Sorry for the slow reply Duncan.

I guess I should let you in on why.
I'm using a tablet and I usually only go on site for 3 or 4 hours/day.

The Tull was broadcast: 25-03-78

I have it on a cassette with some SAHB (29-04-78).

Feel free anytime to ask away about any h/hj BBC broadcast that I might have.
Most of my tapes are rock pop and some BBC plays.

Again sorry for my tardiness,

derek

Sorry for the slow reply Duncan.

I guess I should let you in on why.
I'm using a tablet and I usually only go on site for 3 or 4 hours/day.

The Tull was broadcast: 25-03-78

I have it on a cassette with some SAHB (29-04-78).

Feel free anytime to ask away about any h/hj BBC broadcast that I might have.
Most of my tapes are rock pop and some BBC plays.

Again sorry for my tardiness,

derek

Thanks, I've some Tull I recorded off the radio on reel-to-reel from 1978, I'm not sure what it is as I'm having my tape machines serviced. It might only be the simultaneous BBC sight & sound concert from Madison Square Gardens. I had a few HJ broadcast recordings on reel-to-reel & cassette which got lost in a flood, silt from a stream does a lot of damage to poor old tape! I've the Genesis Knebworth Concert - I've found the tape and its in good condition, but I haven't listened to it yet. I know I had Racing Cars & Be Bop Deluxe Sessions in HJ.

Cheers

Duncan

How's this for a shot? What beauty! :)

91vcwMjImrL._SL1500_.jpg

"Pending dispatch" for me..... its getting close now...... :banana:

Just listened to some samples of the stereo remix through iTunes, and boy am I ever so excited for this release!
"Minstrel" has been a favorite of mine for the past few years, with stellar writing and musicianship all throughout, and from what I have heard of this remix, we will be able to even more clearly hear what makes "Minstrel" so great, especially when it comes to those amazing chamber string arrangements from Dave/Dee Palmer.
I do hope the visual accompaniment for both the album remix and the live show will be a selection of live photos from the era. I quite enjoyed that presentation for the "War Child" remix, so hopefully this one also follows suit!

After this release, my excitement for Tull remixes probably won't pick up again until around 2017 when I hope we'll get remixes of "Songs from the Wood".
("Too Old" doesn't really do anything for me at all as a whole.) So I'm going to fully enjoy this one along with the other remixes as Tull's best period of work fully realized in surround! :)

http://theafterword.co.uk/jethro-tull-minstrel-in-the-gallery-40th-anniversary-edition/
What does it all *mean*?

As with the Passion Play and War Child rereleases, this album has really benefitted from being remixed and now has a less compressed sound – there seems to be more space between the various instruments and the different layers of sound are crystal clear.

Goes well with…

If you are a Tull fan, then this is yet another compulsory purchase – one of their classic period albums is now rendered even better! A very worthy addition to the band’s catalogue of reissues.

Bargepole / 30.04.2015

The following items have been sent: 1 x Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery - 40th Anniversary La Grande Edition (2cd/2dvd preorder)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just listened to the 5.1 studio album, with a quite lovely bottle of red. Soooooooperb :sun. My favourite Tull album has never sounded better.

I'm just a Baker Street Muuuuuuuuuuuuse :banana:

Another Steven Wilson winner in this amazing Tull series. Packaging as ever is first class, lots of pictures and stuff to read in the large accompanying book, including a Steven Wilson interview page and a Jakko interview page. What a lot of content for the price, including the album and extras cd and 5.1 dvd, and the Paris gig cd and 5.1 dvd. I'm really looking forward to having time to listen to the Paris gig 5.1.

An essential buy (y)

Back