Jethro Tull's "War Child" CD/DVD Deluxe Edition with 5.1 Steven Wilson mix coming Nov. 24

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sweet to get the original quad mix AND a new Steven Wilson 5.1 mix.

We are really getting surrounded by releases this year. Hard to believe when you stop and think about it.

Is anyone else surprised that with four discs, including two DVDs, they aren't giving us lossless surround? Not a huge deal, but atypical (unprecedented?) for a Steven Wilson project. (I'm not suggesting that this was Wilson's decision; it could well be the label.)

Really not Steven's decision not to include lossless. He certainly would if he could.

Quite right! Not sure if it's just Ian Anderson or more Chrysalis/ Parlophone that has such an allegiance to Ray Shulman as the authoring person for these Jethro Tull releases.
Does he really do a bad job on these? No not really. As a matter of fact, I liked his work particularly on "A Passion Play" and even "Thick as a Brick" but the fact is if you're not going to have some kind of substantial video component, it really should be DVD-A, not DVD-V, and that's where these releases miss the boat...
Maybe one day when Warner goes head first into Blu-Ray audio and surround, then we will get these as full lossless but for now I will enjoy them as they are. Despite being DVD-V, they are far and away very high quality products.

Back