Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
come on Quaddies let the good times roll..!!! :rocks

FxhYcvK.jpeg

(Oh hello, is that the Smirnoff calling?
see ya later guys and girls! have a rockin' weekend! :love:

Anybody checked the stereo yet on the blu ray? Is it indeed dynamically crushed as has been reported over at the "other" place? :)

Seems they've confirmed it over there. The Stereo is a brickwalled mess. Bummer. Obviously not the primary focus here, however I was hoping for this box to provide my go to stereo version as well. Lots of folks over there are plotting a 5.1 downmix. I may give that a shot. The following image is borrowed from user jhm at Hoffman. Carry on with the happy talk - I'm definitely looking forward to digging into the 5.1 :)

jhy6pc.png

The Beatles, Hendrix & Jethro Tull arrived today and after some musing I put on the Hendrix after a 2 hr conference call had finished, and managed to listen to the first 9 tracks before I got dragged into another call, after which I only wanted to bang my head against the wall! Anyway I'm loving what I first heard, its in keeping with the music and the era, I was 11 when it was released and hearing Hendrix was a wow moment for me. Although it is basically guitar, bass & drums, with effects and overdubs, I like what Eddie Kramer has done, it also sounds clear (especially as its such an old recording, they did them well then), lots swirl around you, things bounce between channels. I'm going to try and listen to the album from start to finish tomorrow as that's how it should be heard.

My Amazon Electric Lady order arrived bent lower left corner, Amazon isn't what it used to be at least my White Album coming from CDJapan will be pristine. No time to listen going to see Bohemian.

So ship it back. Mine arrived from AmazonUS today in one of those thin, ever so slightly padded envelopes but arrived intact ...... in the pouring rain. Enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody. Supposedly, Rami Malek did an incredible job. Should be awesome in Dolby Atmos.

I think you'll be happy with the 5.1 remix of Electric Ladyland. Am about to 'treat' it and slip it into one of my Japanese poly sleeves for further protection against scratches [then demagnetize it and damper it]. I'm a FULL SERVICE audiophile, Markie! It's in my DNA!

Last edited:
it pans from Front to Rear and around and back again! marvellous! :rocks

as François showed earlier with a waveform pic there is nothing happening in the Centre channel on the 5.1 of "Watchtower", which is funny as there is some Centre channel activity on just about every other track i could make out and in some instances quite a lot going on in there!

edit: phew that was quite a lot to take in in one sitting.. and after all the crazy panning on "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" i need a lay down! :p

Wow, thanks for that! This is what I wanted. I get mine next week. This is great. Thanks!

And thank you Eddie for this mix!

So ship it back. Mine arrived from AmazonUS today in one of those thin, ever so slightly padded envelopes but arrived intact ...... in the pouring rain. Enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody. Supposedly, Rami Malek did an incredible job. Should be awesome in Dolby Atmos.

I think you'll be happy with the 5.1 remix of Electric Ladyland. Am about to 'treat' it and slip it into one of my Japanese poly sleeves for further protection against scratches [then demagnetize it and damper it]. I'm a FULL SERVICE audiophile, Markie! It's in my DNA!
I feel so guilty... 1 rip, then back on the shelf for years... no conditioning, no day at the spa... your discs don’t know how lucky they are!

I feel so guilty... 1 rip, then back on the shelf for years... no conditioning, no day at the spa... your discs don’t know how lucky they are!

After spending a day at the disc treatment Spa, my discs are tanned, beautiful, buff[ed] and in perfect accord with the audiophile universe. And IF EVERYONE would stop criticizing me, maybe they'd find out what all the fuss is REALLY all about.

I just treated Jimi Live at the Hollywood Bowl [RBCD 3].......not a great sounding disc but with a little TLC, at least MORE listenable than before.

Ripping the blu-ray now, but looking at the book, it has a big tear near the binding, like 1/3 the length of the spine. Amazon shipped it in a flimsy mailer.

I'd keep it if they give me a discount. Does that work with Amazon? Why bother shipping it back if I want to keep the music?

Ripping the blu-ray now, but looking at the book, it has a big tear near the binding, like 1/3 the length of the spine. Amazon shipped it in a flimsy mailer.

I'd keep it if they give me a discount. Does that work with Amazon? Why bother shipping it back if I want to keep the music?

Phibes go to replace they will send you new one in 2 days - then u do have til DEC 9th send the other back (forfree) - Mine is being replaced along with the tull - bent corner and some blemish on the spine of Jimi - the 2 Beatles boxes - Mega and LP were perfect thank God

Back