Kompendium - Beneath The Waves mixed in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my order today..si I guess I will have to wait a it longer.

-OFF TOPIC-

Im truing to find all the MAgenta 5.1 mixes... anyone knows where to get the, I can only find "Seven" and "The Chamaleon Project", but I would really love to have Metamorphosis? anyone knows if theres going to be a reissue or something?

-On Topic-

Made my order today..si I guess I will have to wait a it longer.

-OFF TOPIC-

Im truing to find all the MAgenta 5.1 mixes... anyone knows where to get the, I can only find "Seven" and "The Chamaleon Project", but I would really love to have Metamorphosis? anyone knows if theres going to be a reissue or something?

-On Topic-

Bit pricey but you can get it at the Amazons:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Metamorph...TF8&qid=1353013141&sr=8-1&keywords=B001TYFTGG
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001TYFTGG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I was suppose to save money this month... darn... bought the 3 Magentas and the Kompendium without thinking it .... I havent even heard the music... well..hope Its worth it!

Confirmed :) the music is very good. Nice orchestrated prog, very well played and sang. I gave the 5.1 a first spin and the mix is really great. A balanced front stage and loads of things going on in the rears, as there are the orchestra, choir and guitars and percussion. Solo vocals and guitar mixed into the center channel. I am very impressed by the music and mix, lovely altogether.

The sound is great too, mastered by Neil. Thanks man, its another quality release from Opus.

I'm really liking this one too!!

The sound is lots better than the Magenta discs. Sounds gorgeous...

Now we just need DVD-A re-releases of the Magenta albums...:) Hint hint....

I'm really liking this one too!!

The sound is lots better than the Magenta discs. Sounds gorgeous...

Now we just need DVD-A re-releases of the Magenta albums...:) Hint hint....

Yes, good to see new music being released in 5.1, with a great mix and fidility. I second your hint for the Magenta re release on dvd-a. Those albums would benifit greatly.

hmmmm... i made my order on the 15th, ive been emaling them to find out if they already sent the album, but i dont get any response whatsoever... I also bought some Magenta albums from their Magenta site and no anwers also...

I dont care if they tell me, "Sorry, we havent sent the discs yet" but I would expect at least an answer.

hmmmm... i made my order on the 15th, ive been emaling them to find out if they already sent the album, but i dont get any response whatsoever... I also bought some Magenta albums from their Magenta site and no anwers also...

I dont care if they tell me, "Sorry, we havent sent the discs yet" but I would expect at least an answer.

I received mine late last week. So, I expect yours is on the way.

Hi everyone; it's been an age since we posted here. We really ought to get that Q&A sorted out :) I'll drop the mods a line and see if we can't get something posted to collect that Q's and then we'll do the A's. :)

Thanks for all your support. It really is appreciated.

Hi everyone; it's been an age since we posted here. We really ought to get that Q&A sorted out :) I'll drop the mods a line and see if we can't get something posted to collect that Q's and then we'll do the A's. :)

Thanks for all your support. It really is appreciated.

Did anything came out of the Q&A proposal? Does Rob Reed still have the time to do this, considering the new Magenta album that will be released within a few months? It would be great to hear his plans for the future, and if there is a possibility that the lossy Magenta 5.1's will be re-released in hi res.

Thank you for your reply.

Did anything came out of the Q&A proposal? Does Rob Reed still have the time to do this, considering the new Magenta album that will be released within a few months? It would be great to hear his plans for the future, and if there is a possibility that the lossy Magenta 5.1's will be re-released in hi res.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know anything about the Q&A but it sounds like a great idea!

I do know for sure that Rob still visits QQ from time to time and that he's interested in making Magenta material available in hi res. Showing that there's a demand would do no harm! ;)

I've said before that I consider Rob to be as good at 5.1 as Mr Wilson. His mixes of "Seven", "Metamorphosis" and "Chameleon" are nothing short of stunning, even in DTS. I for one would re-buy hi-res releases in a heartbeat should they ever be made available.

I'd buy them all again just to get the Hi-Res 5.1 rather than the DD. And Kompendium is quite a brilliant piece of work IMHO.:)

Back