Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Nov 18th
LARRY:
“Not too much at the moment. EVERYTHING has been pushed back during Covid. But, some serious plans underway to pick up the Synergy 5.1 re-releases when the label group I was talking with ramps operations back up after the pandemic. It looks certain that they'll survive the business downturn so we will be able to do this.

Still trying to get hold of the Nektar "Recycled" master multitracks for 5.1 remixing. Nektar's management is in negotiations with their German record company. I'm told the long-term outlook is hopeful, but no fixed timeline in the current environment. That's one project I really want to do.

Thanks for asking. Sorry it's been so very quiet, but that's the nature of what we're collectively experiencing.”

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Nov 19th
TIM:
“No worries Larry, always nice to hear from you. Great news on Recycled and the label’s viability. Is there any chance the masters are available for 5.1 (or existing quad) mixing of Down To Earth? Some of that material was on the live SACD I was listening to the other day. That album never made it to SACD like Journey To The Center, Remember The Future or Live in NY did. Regards, Tim”

EDIT: Then I realize if the Down To Earth quad or multitrack masters were still around, we’d likely have seen an SACD of that when the other Nektar SACDs appeared.

Last edited:

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Thanks for the update Tim (and Larry) - I'd been hoping this hadn't all gotten tossed aside with all that's going on. I suppose being locked down presents an opportunity to get a lot of the studio time work done...remixing, mastering etc....get stuff all ready to release when the timing is right.