Layla Box Set/5 discs/2 lp's/DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well your not alone, I just ordered it too. They had a 10% discount on top of the $75 reduced price. Merry XMAS to me!!!

you may be dismayed at the box and its contents being all jumbled around in the box.. but if the DVD is in there, unscathed, you're definitely in for a very merry Xmas, the ES mix is up to his usual incredibly high standards!!

:banana:

you may be dismayed at the box and its contents being all jumbled around in the box.. but if the DVD is in there, unscathed, you're definitely in for a very merry Xmas, the ES mix is up to his usual incredibly high standards!!

:banana:

Absolutely.
Simply superb mix, and what a crying shame it is not lossless.

After reading this thread I had a good idea and it worked out pretty good: Since my Layla SACD came in a standard jewel case I was able to swap out the standard disc holder piece of the jewel case for one of those special 2 CD disc holder pieces and this way I can store both my SACD and the Scheiner DVD together safely with the same footprint as the original SACD case.

After reading this thread I had a good idea and it worked out pretty good: Since my Layla SACD came in a standard jewel case I was able to swap out the standard disc holder piece of the jewel case for one of those special 2 CD disc holder pieces and this way I can store both my SACD and the Scheiner DVD together safely with the same footprint as the original SACD case.

funnily enough, I did exactly the same as you sometime last year! best of both worlds and I don't have to wade through that ridiculous box just to hear the ES mix :)

unlike the SACD, I still need the TV on to play the DVD-V though! :eek:

the box arrived - and somehow the stars aligned

here's what I found when i opened the album -

2 discs were out but the 5.1 was still in the sleeve and pristine - not a mark

with any luck sf49erjohn ,yours will arrive the same way

I'm still going to bin the box and all the crap

Attachments

• IMG_8623.jpg
    IMG_8623.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:

the box arrived - and somehow the stars aligned

here's what I found when i opened the album -

2 discs were out but the 5.1 was still in the sleeve and pristine - not a mark

with any luck sf49erjohn ,yours will arrive the same way

I'm still going to bin the box and all the crap

It should be delivered today. Hopefully the disc I care about is protected. Cant wait to hear it and compare it to the SACD.

The box set was delivered in pristine condition. Everything was where it's supposed to be and there was nice padding in the box to keep things from moving. Told my wife I need to hear the 5.1 disc to make sure no issues with it before wrapping and putting it away for over a month waiting for XMAS. Wow the DTS disc blows away the SACD. Bell Bottom Blues, Have You Ever Loved A Woman and Layla are spectacular on the Elliot Scheiner disc. I have never heard the guitars sound so distinct and clearly in Layla as I have on this disc. Definitely worth the $75 bucks I put out for this. It's 1 am in San Jose and I am listening to it for the fourth time today. Now I have to find Aqualung in 5.1 for the same price...

I just got a copy from Overstock.com and it is pristine. Not the slightest dent in any corner, all the discs still in their "pockets'. Can't say it was packaged perfectly, big box with the plastic air pouches around it, but it survived intact.

great to hear that more recent purchasers have had more luck with this set. makes me wonder if its been repressed/reprinted in a new factory since the first batch with all the problems/complaints and/or there's better quality control on the production line now. either way, its all good news and the ES mix does indeed have its many moments of brilliance.

I just got a copy from Overstock.com and it is pristine. Not the slightest dent in any corner, all the discs still in their "pockets'. Can't say it was packaged perfectly, big box with the plastic air pouches around it, but it survived intact.

Well consider yourself VERY lucky..the copy I got from Overstock was one of the most bruised, dinged, boxes I've ever received (INSIDE A PRISTINE MAILING BOX!)...I didn't even open it....got a full refund though...

I don't think it's necessarily the retailer/e-tailer's fault, I have a hunch there's been a regime change at the factory that knocks these boxes out. quite why overstocks would send you out such a bashed up piece of crud I don't know but then Amazon sent mine out in a shocking state too.. but I just could not be bothered arranging for someone to be in again to handover the pile of crap for a refund, so I hung onto it, took the precious DTS disc out, popped it in the SJB with the old SACD and I've never touched the box set since!

Layla and Assorted Love Songs - 40th Anniversary boxset
Things didn't look good...it shipped from the UK in a burlap sack. Fortunately; the contents were pristine - everything in it's slot and all baubles included. And yes; the DVD is real and its spectacular!

If any of you missed out on Scheiner's surround treatment for Lynyrd Skynyrd DO NOT miss out on this one. Once you hear it you'll remember why you spent thousands on a decent surround system and the aggro over the years will disspate.

To Linda specifically; holy bongo Jerry. Cow bell is for pretenders and cults. Bongos all over my rear channels....

If any of you missed out on Scheiner's surround treatment for Lynyrd Skynyrd DO NOT miss out on this one. Once you hear it you'll remember why you spent thousands on a decent surround system and the aggro over the years will disspate.
Hello w98.

What mix is in the Blu-ray audio?

Back