Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn, your just released YT on the Atmos mix just cost me $300!

Found one of the music sites that still had it in stock. Too bad not discounted and I wasn't going to buy this, having the Immersion set already. BUT, when you said it beats the quad mix by a LOT, I succumbed to having to have it!

What the heck, it's only money and it is my birthday in couple of days ;)

Looking forward to streaming the Atmos mix, assuming it does appear on Apple Music at some point, but not buying this way overpriced box set no matter how good the Atmos mix is. I guess we were lucky that someone in the PF camp screwed up and gave us reasonably priced blu-ray and sacd packages for Animals.

Looking forward to streaming the Atmos mix, assuming it does appear on Apple Music at some point, but not buying this way overpriced box set no matter how good the Atmos mix is. I guess we were lucky that someone in the PF camp screwed up and gave us reasonably priced blu-ray and sacd packages for Animals.
Until they release the ATMOS version of Animals in an equally pricey box set!

For true fans [and there ARE legions] PF should eventually release a stand alone ATMOS BD~A of DSOTM.

Until they release the ATMOS version of Animals in an equally pricey box set!

For true fans [and there ARE legions] PF should eventually release a stand alone ATMOS BD~A of DSOTM.
There have already been hints that King Crimson may do standalone BD's for their catalog after the massive box sets. I wonder how many other artists will follow suit after the deluxe box set market peters out? How many times will I be willing to re-buy the catalogs of Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, etc.? I'm afraid I know the answer! :cry:

@edisonbaggins .... your Dark Side video has been shared by Jon Carin!!!

Screenshot_20230324-152940_Chrome.jpg

There have already been hints that King Crimson may do standalone BD's for their catalog after the massive box sets. I wonder how many other artists will follow suit after the deluxe box set market peters out? How many times will I be willing to re-buy the catalogs of Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, etc.? I'm afraid I know the answer! :cry:
I don't know about anyone but myself, but I'm not laying out money for stuff I have absolutely no interest in owning, like all that vinyl. I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I'm not burned out either. ;)
At least yet. LOL

I don't know about anyone but myself, but I'm not laying out money for stuff I have absolutely no interest in owning, like all that vinyl. I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I'm not burned out either. ;)
At least yet. LOL
I’m with you on that. There are a handful of “artists” that I just don’t like their music. They get raves here, but spending big bucks to hear unpleasant voices, inane lyrics, or screechy instruments in awesome fidelity isn’t my thing either.

At least yet. LOL
I'm with you. At least for now.
I would never say never, and I've broken down before, but $300 for an Atmos mix is not worth it to me.

I'm with you. At least for now.
I would never say never, and I've broken down before, but $300 for an Atmos mix is not worth it to me.
On Thursday, just gone, I deleted it off my Amazon wish list...no way was I going to shell out silly money for this release.
On Friday I listened to Baggy doing a hypo in his praise for the Atmos mix.
On Friday, I turned turtle and spent my hard earned £230.
On Saturday I was in Pink Floyd heaven.
On Sunday, today, I have no regrets in spending that money, as I'm still in DSOM paradise.

On Thursday, just gone, I deleted it off my Amazon wish list...no way was I going to shell out silly money for this release.
On Friday I listened to Baggy doing a hypo in his praise for the Atmos mix.
On Friday, I turned turtle and spent my hard earned £230.
On Saturday I was in Pink Floyd heaven.
On Sunday, today, I have no regrets in spending that money, as I'm still in DSOM paradise.
You can buy a lot of beer for £230. OTOH, we can always blame Baggy for at least part of our financial woes.

Back