Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Megadeth - Peace Sells...
DVD-Audio 5.1 Surround Album Review

Have had that album from DTS Entertainment for years and since 'thrash' music is not my favorite genre I sort of dismissed it but because of your awesome review will have to spin it again as I listen more intently.

Thanks Mike for another illuminating review!

Dark Side of the Moon
50th Anniversary Box Set Review

I finally got around to watching your excellent though gushing review video(did DSOTM really eclipse the audible experience of hearing your newborn son cry for the first time LOL?).

It looks like it’s going to be somewhat painful for you to part with the music booklet when you sell everything sans the blu ray.

I also wondered if you had plans to save a rip of the live CD(of course you would)and then play it through the Surround Master(and even perhaps also put it through the Auromatic upmixer). 🤔

An Open Letter to Metallica
10 Easy Ways to Make Truly Great Albums Again

With you being an active Apostle of Surround, I'd figure your LiS posts and vids would spark more chatter amongst our QQ brethren. I wonder why not? I'd have never heard of QQ were it not for your YouTube channel!

With you being an active Apostle of Surround, I'd figure your LiS posts and vids would spark more chatter amongst our QQ brethren. I wonder why not? I'd have never heard of QQ were it not for your YouTube channel!
I've watched LOTs of Mike's videos. I enjoy them....though I generally don't comment much.

I see LiS as sort of a sister effort to QQ.
Forums are mainly text based. YouTube, video, of course. The two mediums are going to reach different people, with a bit of overlap.

An Open Letter to Metallica
10 Easy Ways to Make Truly Great Albums Again

Slide2.JPG

The Atmos mix of 72 Seasons on Apple Music is absolute crap - its so bad it's embarrassing to even call it surround or "Spatial". I really liked about half the songs on Hardwired... to Self-Destruct, but this one is just a tough, long slog with very few songs standing out. Disappointing.

Unfortunately, as long as the fanboys keep raving and they keep filling stadiums, I doubt Metallica will be accepting much constructive criticism.

Back