Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike and Stephen and really looking forward to hearing the Howard Jones 5.1’s. I did not know that Stephen worked on 2 Rush albums as well, Presto and Roll The Bones. Here is a younger Stephen picture from Geddy Lee’s book,”My Effin’ Life”, I just finished reading it.

Attachments

• 0C528C05-881F-4E3A-970F-9066EFD28E59.jpeg
    0C528C05-881F-4E3A-970F-9066EFD28E59.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Thanks Mike and Stephen and really looking forward to hearing the Howard Jones 5.1’s. I did not know that Stephen worked on 2 Rush albums as well, Presto and Roll The Bones. Here is a younger Stephen picture from Geddy Lee’s book,”My Effin’ Life”, I just finished reading it.
I just re-listened to parts of it last night, including the chapters on Presto and RtB.
Is cool to hear Geddy describe Rupe as such a nice and cheerful chap!

Albums Streaming in Atmos - Eric's Top 5 Picks (Plus Bonus Discussions)

With @EricKalet

Watched this earlier on your YouTube channel Mike.
Always great to see and listen to fellow QQ'rs.
Eric knows his stuff and he's recommended an eclectic variety in his top 5/6.

Be interesting to see and hear other QQ'rs.

Last edited:
Watched this earlier on your YouTube channel Mike.
Always great to see and listen to fellow QQ'rs.
Eric knows his stuff and he's recommended an eclectic variety in his top 5/6.

Be interesting to see and hear other QQ'rs.
Thanks Mike for including me on some of your videos again! Truly enjoyed chatting and a pleasure!

p.s. comment on Reddit...we may need to do a streaming only top 5 video...

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 9.46.21 PM.png

Very nice recap. I've been hesitant to weigh in one way or the other because, while I've had a copy of both the CD and 5.1 DVD-A since they've been available, this has never been an album that I have become familiar with. I listen to it once in a great while. As a result, I can't identify the differences and recognize the nuances between each of the various mixes as well as many others. In fact, it's almost comical listening to all the different appraisals from those who know the album inside and out.
You did a good job of explaining why opinions can vary so much between listeners. So many variables.

2L Immersive Album Production Process Deep Dive + Thoughts on the New Album PAX

Michael, you absolutely sold me on this 2L BD~A/SACD release. BTW, Morton Lindberg is a BIG fan of Meridian Bob Stuart's MQA encoding and even includes it on the CD layer of the SACD...which does incur a separate licensing fee!

Have always been a big fan of 2L ...... have many in my collection.

Thank you for your amazing review of PAX ..... and PEACE ☮️ be with YOU, too

Last edited:
2L Immersive Album Production Process Deep Dive + Thoughts on the New Album PAX

Great overview of a phenomenal immersive label, it's recording technology and it's artist's. 2L has been a favorite of mine for a number of years and I appreciate you extending deeper insight into this small but mighty Scandinavian label.

Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill
Immersive Album Review

An excellent Blu-ray Audio album, IMO, co-supervised by @ForagingRhino!
Hopefully there will be a poll soon. I'll be giving this one will get a very high vote.
Can't wait to learn what everyone else thinks!

Great review Mike. I thought the mix was very well done, as well. Surprising, actually.
I'd be fine with Mr. or Ms. Studios doing Atmos mixes for future releases any time.

Back