Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not new, but spinning for the first time while doing some work:

For fans of J Dilla and Madlib. A lot more vocals than beat tapes by those two contain, but pretty fun. Atmos effects are minimal, but used pretty well.

Also this post serves as a reminder that Apple will be talking new products in 2 hours 47 min from the time of this post. And that that announcement stream will be broadcast in Atmos. You can find the Atmos stream under Apple TV+ app, scroll down for a bit under “Watch Now”

Just wanted to follow up on @alek2702's post about the preview track from the new Bjork album. Fabulous mix! Now there's someone who gets immersive music. Hoping @PaulatSDE can nab this (along with Eno's new one) for his exclusive series....
Totally agree! I checked out Atopos last night and loved the mix. Really looking forward to the album and would love to see an SDE edition of either of these.
(or how about a SDE expanded, lossless edition of the Surrounded box?) :)

It must be clogging their service, because it's not loading for me here?
Available here in Spain. Not the most adventurous mix in the world, some doubled vocals in the rears (and height rears) and some isolated backing vocals too. Sounds good in terms of fidelity, so leaves me wanting for a high resolution release anyway.
We need to wait for less sparse songs to judge on the mix though. After all the disappointment, I'm at least happy to see the Atmos mix on streaming. Remember that none of the two Pepper Atmos mixes have been released on physical disc...

Has this been on Apple before now? I think it was originally a Sony 360 Amazon exclusive, and it may have eventually migrated to Tidal in one form or another. Mix is pretty conservative, as I remember--a missed opportunity. Unless it's been remixed better for Atmos.

Has this been on Apple before now? I think it was originally a Sony 360 Amazon exclusive, and it may have eventually migrated to Tidal in one form or another. Mix is pretty conservative, as I remember--a missed opportunity. Unless it's been remixed better for Atmos.
Think it's always been Atmos old bean, but agree it's too tame a mix for what this brilliant album deserves. Originally I think it was exclusive to Amazon. One thing I noticed... If you can somehow futz with your system to downmix this particular album to 5.1 (ha that's a slightly ironic term considering other terms mentioned today!) it actually sounded better?! More discrete - but I don't know how or why? 🤔

I'm not sure what version was being heard when MK was hearing it played back at Abbey Road? Because the Atmos streaming version could be a lot better... Maybe being lossless? Great artist...

Just wanted to follow up on @alek2702's post about the preview track from the new Bjork album. Fabulous mix! Now there's someone who gets immersive music. Hoping @PaulatSDE can nab this (along with Eno's new one) for his exclusive series....
Bjork is an amazing artist - looking forward to the rest of the album. Really cool mix. I have the 2 solo albums in 5.1 I think? Reminds me of one her earlier tv appearances in the UK on The Word as the Sugarcubes.... Classic tune! Hopefully not on Warner Music? :D

Back