Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed "A Charlie Brown Christmas" got upmixed. It's not a very impressive job, but it's A Charlie Brown Christmas for God's sakes.

I wanted to dance like Snoopy when Linus and Lucy came on. And the Vince Guaraldi Trio are legit
The big box set that accompanied this--with the Atmos mix on a BDA--was down to $55 on Amazon US yesterday.

is it me or has the Atmos release rate slowed down?
It’s more that the general music release rate has slowed down, as it does at the end of each year. It was like this in 2023 and 2022. We get a big Christmas music in atmos push and then nothing for about a month… then the floodgates open again

Wow, you guys believe that as long as the psu is good enough to not crash the system then all is well?? If one believes that hdmi, usb and Ethernet ( and their physical cabling) are not susceptible to noise (emi, switching, airborne), spikes, timing, etc then one has not been paying attention. These signal paths are carried along on various quality levels of cabling and are to be treated with stable clean power or you’ll have sq issues. Music streams are not bullet proof.

Sorry for the OT reply. Back to talking Atmos streaming.
As someone who has been troubleshooting networks (including Ethernet, etc.) for 3 decades, the number of times a problem has been the result of a noisy PC power supply currently stands at 0.

Now, can other noise sources interfere? Absolutely. But that generally shows up fairly quickly in poor communication or retransmits.

An update on the weird Apple Atmos saga of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" (the song, not the album):

So, Apple originally had a *really* nice discrete Atmos mix of the song.

However, last year, this version was pulled in favor of an Atmos mix of the 2019 music video version, which has a spoken word intro spliced in from one of his concerts, which then segues to an acapella vocal intertwined with news clips from the Flint Michigan water crisis, before finally settling to something more resembling the classic version (albeit with sounds of Flint-related protests).

Well, I just discovered that *this* version has been pulled, and now there's *no* Atmos mix of the song on Apple at all. ❓

(I don't know if the same holds true for Tidal, but I'd be interested to know -- this is all *so* weird.)

An update on the weird Apple Atmos saga of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" (the song, not the album):

So, Apple originally had a *really* nice discrete Atmos mix of the song.

However, last year, this version was pulled in favor of an Atmos mix of the 2019 music video version, which has a spoken word intro spliced in from one of his concerts, which then segues to an acapella vocal intertwined with news clips from the Flint Michigan water crisis, before finally settling to something more resembling the classic version (albeit with sounds of Flint-related protests).

Well, I just discovered that *this* version has been pulled, and now there's *no* Atmos mix of the song on Apple at all. ❓

(I don't know if the same holds true for Tidal, but I'd be interested to know -- this is all *so* weird.)
On Tidal, both versions are available in Atmos. The original version (as a single) and the 2019 version (on the Every Great Motown Hit compilation).

Looks like on Apple Music the Every Great Motown Hit compilation is no longer available in Atmos.

On Tidal, both versions are available in Atmos. The original version (as a single) and the 2019 version (on the Every Great Motown Hit compilation).

Looks like on Apple Music the Every Great Motown Hit compilation is no longer available in Atmos.
Actually, the Every Great Motown Hit comp is still in Atmos on Apple except for "What's Going On", which is why the album is no longer marked as Atmos. Like I said.... weird.

Back