Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Harrison: Live in Japan; one of my faves; c'mon, Eric & George Live together; "isn't it a Pity" wow

The MoFi Stereo SACD remaster of Bread's Baby I'm A Want You sounds great but I'm becoming a bit disillusioned with spending upward of $30 for a roughly 30 minute STEREO SACD. Jon Urban expressed his disappointment that it didn't include the QUAD mix and as we all should know by now, MoFi is OUT OF THE MULTICHANNEL business altogether as their mastering facilities are geared for STEREO only.

Let's face it. D~V has spoiled us [ROTTEN] with their £11.99 TWO~FER QUAD SACDs even though some of them are not A list titles. And believe me, their mastering is every bit as Grand as MoFi and AP put together.

Today, Music Direct was offering a generous 20% discount on all music titles and this time I resisted. I'd have to spend $99 for free s/h and just didn't feel even with the discount spending over $100 on STEREO SACDs was worth it.

The MoFi Stereo SACD remaster of Bread's Baby I'm A Want You sounds great but I'm becoming a bit disillusioned with spending upward of $30 for a roughly 30 minute STEREO SACD. Jon Urban expressed his disappointment that it didn't include the QUAD mix and as we all should know by now, MoFi is OUT OF THE MULTICHANNEL business altogether as their mastering facilities are geared for STEREO only.

Let's face it. D~V has spoiled us [ROTTEN] with their £11.99 TWO~FER QUAD SACDs even though some of them are not A list titles. And believe me, their mastering is every bit as Grand as MoFi and AP put together.

Today, Music Direct was offering a generous 20% discount on all music titles and this time I resisted. I'd have to spend $99 for free s/h and just didn't feel even with the discount spending over $100 on STEREO SACDs was worth it.
Man! You took the words right out of my wallet!

So you didn’t want to spend the Bread? I get it. You’ll need it not much farther down the (Abbey) Road.

Vanessa Fernandez: I Want You [Groove Note/Stereo SACD] Audiophile Label Groove Note gives us another slam dunk outing. Recorded on an Ampex ATR124 on 2" Tape @ 30 ips and mastered by Bernie Grundman

See the source image

Selections:
1. Right On For The Darkness
2. I Want You
3. Human
4. Every Time You Go Away
5. Hey Stranger (Album Mix) 6. Angel Dust
7. Tripping Out
8. Billie Jean
9. Creep
10. I Will Survive!
11. Back To Black

12. Hey Stranger (Alternate Mix)

Last edited:
I like that Vanessa F. is versatile. Though, I tend to give her voice an edge with her ‘other’ type of music.

I have all three of her Groove Note SACDs and I think this is her best! And for 16 bucks from Deep Discount .....an even sweeter deal! And comes in a Super Audio SACD case!

Last edited:
People like to take breaks, concentrate on family, relieve stress issues, travel, etc.

Tell me about it. Do you have any of Jacintha's SACDs, Perp? BTW, I love how a lot of audiophile labels are 'reverting' to 30 ips Analogue [2" tape] versus all digital. Not even PURE DSD. What does that tell you?

It tells me they’re going backwards. What’s next?! Tube mixing consoles?! :eek:

Only joking! I decided that I need to say I’m joking because some people on here are to delirious serious.

No...to your first question. :)

It tells me they’re going backwards. What’s next?! Tube mixing consoles?! :eek:

Only joking! I decided that I need to say I’m joking because some people on here are to delirious serious.

No...to your first question. :)

I went the 'tube' amplifier route a few years ago and NEVER again. What a royal pain in the ass. They not only heat up the room [which is fine in winter] but when they start to fail they buzz and you have to replace all of them. Was the sound actually better ........ NO! Unless, maybe if you're a BAT and yes. they were BAT [Balanced Audio Technology] amps.

Also, the reason they could be recording on analog equipment is for the LP vinyl ric rac record.....for the purists out there that purchase their music.

But of course. I don't know if you read marpow's [Mark] assessment of his visit to Salinas, Kansas where he was treated by Chad Kassem to the sound of vinyl on Chad's megabuck analogue system .... but Mark went on to say that he still heard ticks and pops from Kassem's system. He was not impressed at all. VINYL ........ IMO, that really did put the kibosh on multichannel digital ....... that STEREO, ONLY mentality!

But of course. I don't know if you read marpow's [Mark] assessment of his visit to Salinas, Kansas where he was treated by Chad Kassem to the sound of vinyl on Chad's megabuck analogue system .... but Mark went on to say that he still heard ticks and pops from Kassem's system. He was not impressed at all. VINYL ........ IMO, that really did put the kibosh on multichannel digital ....... that STEREO, ONLY mentality!
Nope...didn’t read about Mark’s visit to AS. Missed it. I really think it’s people’s reluctance to place multiple speakers all over the place. Heck, I fight with myself about having as many speakers as I do in such a small space. I keep reminding myself that it’s all in good sound. Believe me, two speakers is soooo much easier. And, one speaker sounds even better.

Vanessa Fernandez: I Want You [Groove Note/Stereo SACD] Audiophile Label Groove Note gives us another slam dunk outing. Recorded on an Ampex ATR124 on 2" Tape @ 30 ips and mastered by Bernie Grundman

See the source image

Selections:
1. Right On For The Darkness
2. I Want You
3. Human
4. Every Time You Go Away
5. Hey Stranger (Album Mix) 6. Angel Dust
7. Tripping Out
8. Billie Jean
9. Creep
10. I Will Survive!
11. Back To Black

12. Hey Stranger (Alternate Mix)

It's an excellent album. Ying Tan at Groove Note also says it may be her best.
I have it here in Stereo DSD 256 and DSD 512.
https://groovenote.nativedsd.com/albums/GRV1200-i-want-you

It's an excellent album. Ying Tan at Groove Note also says it may be her best.
I have it here in Stereo DSD 256 and DSD 512.
https://groovenote.nativedsd.com/albums/GRV1200-i-want-you

Thanks for sharing, Brian. I likewise concur that it's her best album to date [of the three she recorded for Groove Note] and those incapable of DSD downloading would be wise to spring for the excellent SACD [$19.98 list]

Back