Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Friday morning!
Started today off with The Cars

My younger sister brought this album to my attention when it was released and it made me realize that there was something to this New Wave music! (I believe that Joe Jackson - Look Sharp was the next one from her!)

This Is also the first CD that I played on my nice modern system that sounded horrible! I was excited to hear this CD in fake surround and cranked it up....only to find it sounded just...bad. I checked all of my settings but everything was fine. I finally decided this must be what people mean by a bad recording. How disappointing. I finally got this MoFi SACD and all was right with the world...

I had forgotten that album! But what a great one it was. Caught him on tour at the Edinburgh Playhouse in '80 or '81 and he was brilliant.

If he's done anything great since then, though, it hasn't come to my attention, sadly.
It was a great album. Besides his hits, I really liked "Fools In Love" and "Time"... I think he was a bit of a chameleon and changed his sound album to album. IIRC he expanded to a big band for a while. I gave his 2015 "Fast Forward" CD to my sister as a gift that Christmas. I thinked she liked it and I always meant to borrow if for a listen.. I'll have to do that before I forget again!

And still spinning ...
Frank Sinatra - No One Cares

Very nice...Man, if I didn’t have to get up and go to work tomorrow, I’d have drink or two with ole Frank tonight.

And one more 'for the road....' These MoFi Sinatras are GREAT....but where's his MOST inconic Capitol masterpiece ONLY THE LONELY? Ironically it was just re~released as a 2 disc RBCD with bonus tracks.
71meGKgEMOL._SL1500_.jpg

And one more 'for the road....' These MoFi Sinatras are GREAT....but where's his MOST inconic Capitol masterpiece ONLY THE LONELY?
I messed up when I started this run of Sinatra...I picked up and listened to my CD of Only the lonely first and didn‘t catch my mistake until I put the CD back next to my MoFi copy....doh!

I messed up when I started this run of Sinatra...I picked up and listened to my CD of Only the lonely first and didn‘t catch my mistake until I put the CD back next to my MoFi copy....doh!

Actually, ONLY THE LONELY is also available superbly remastered in a one disc configuration with bonus tracks. Sounds great until they decide to release it on SACD.

And one more 'for the road....' These MoFi Sinatras are GREAT....but where's his MOST inconic Capitol masterpiece ONLY THE LONELY? Ironically it was just re~released as a 2 disc RBCD with bonus tracks.
Very cool! I didn’t know about this 60th anniversary release - ordered! Thank you so very much!
Sinatra put out such a variety of great music, but this album is my second favorite of his after the Sinatra/Jobim album. I’m excited to hear it!

Very cool! I didn’t know about this 60th anniversary release - ordered! Thank you so very much!
Sinatra put out such a variety of great music, but this album is my second favorite of his after the Sinatra/Jobim album. I’m excited to hear it!

Wrong thread but I did manage to purchase two of Astrud Gilberto's albums on SHM~SACD .....but my favorite Look To The Rainbow with Gil Evan arrangements was not released in this format. Unfortunately, Bossa Nova is way underrepresented on SACD or hi rez physical disc in general but it remains one of my favorite genres of music.

Frankie is also in superb voice on his Reprise album The Concert Sinatra. It was also remastered a few years ago on Concord Records which was handling the Sinatra Estate at the time but his vocals are SO powerful and heartfelt on this album it really needs an SACD remaster!

https://www.amazon.com/Concert-Sina...rds=the+concert+sinatra&qid=1571900384&sr=8-1

Frankie is also in superb voice on his Reprise album The Concert Sinatra. It was also remastered a few years ago on Concord Records which was handling the Sinatra Estate at the time but his vocals are SO powerful and heartfelt on this album it really needs an SACD remaster!

https://www.amazon.com/Concert-Sina...rds=the+concert+sinatra&qid=1571900384&sr=8-1
I don’t recall this album but I’ll check it out. Is this the version where Sinatra’s sings Ol’ Man River and drops his voice down sooooo lowww?

Back