Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing Loud, Lets do this and have a good night.
Hybrid Stereo SACD from AP. SACD rip to DSF file with DSD64 playback. Average DR 13. Just getting warmed up.
R-9133956-1493139523-5424.jpeg.jpg

View attachment 65225

Patsy Cline - Greatest Hits

Aw Red....I don't like country music...but there are some exceptions...and Patsy is one of them...that is such a fine recording...it captures her voice so well....she led the way for other female singers and like some other male singers who became legends...she suffered the same fate...she died in a plane crash at the tender age of 30...

Aw Red....I don't like country music...but there are some exceptions...and Patsy is one of them...that is such a fine recording...it captures her voice so well....she led the way for other female singers and like some other male singers who became legends...she suffered the same fate...she died in a plane crash at the tender age of 30...
Very tragic, geez almost 60 years ago. This is another I have that doesn’t get played enough, mostly because of all that surround stuff.

COMING from MoFi in Stereo SACD

Paul Simon Still Crazy After All These Years Track Listing:

1. Still Crazy After All These Years
2. My Little Town (with Art Garfunkel)
3. I Do It for Your Love
4. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
5. Night Game
6. Gone at Last
7. Some Folks’ Lives Roll Easy
8. Have a Good Time
9. You’re Kind
10. Silent Eyes

Sounds like it was recorded Yesterday. Superb early Audio Fidelity SACD Remaster. Very Highest Recommendation!

Note: The original 1964 London/Parot & CBS/EPIC master tapes were utilized in the making of this disc. Remastered by Steve Hoffman.

See the source image

That is an excellent recording...and the Searchers SACD is very similar

COMING from MoFi in Stereo SACD

Paul Simon Still Crazy After All These Years Track Listing:

1. Still Crazy After All These Years
2. My Little Town (with Art Garfunkel)
3. I Do It for Your Love
4. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
5. Night Game
6. Gone at Last
7. Some Folks’ Lives Roll Easy
8. Have a Good Time
9. You’re Kind
10. Silent Eyes

First MOFI new release in a long time that I want. The CD sounds really nice so I expect this to be slightly better - similar to the Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme SACD. Was there ever a quad mix of Still Crazy After All These Years? After all, the track My Little Town is in quad on Art Garfunkel's Breakaway on the Dutton Vocalion SACD and it sounds magnificent.

First MOFI new release in a long time that I want. The CD sounds really nice so I expect this to be slightly better - similar to the Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme SACD. Was there ever a quad mix of Still Crazy After All These Years? After all, the track My Little Town is in quad on Art Garfunkel's Breakaway on the Dutton Vocalion SACD and it sounds magnificent.

Paul Simon albums available in QUAD:

PAUL SIMON -
Paul Simon. Columbia PCQ-30750 (SQ), CAQ-30750 (Q8), CBS Q-69007
(SQ) [UK], CBS/Sony SOPN-42 [previously SOPM-108] (SQ) [Japan]
Paul Simon. CBS/Sony SOPD 16 (SQEP) [Japan]
Paul Simon "There Goes Rhymin' Simon". Columbia 7Q 32280 (SQEP)
{Includes-Kodachrome, Was A Sunny Day, Loves Me Like A Rock, Take Me to the
Mardi Gras}
Still Crazy After All These Years. Columbia PCQ-33540 (SQ),
CAQ-33540 (DQ8), CBS Q-69035 (SQ) [UK], CBS Q 86001 (SQ) [Netherlands]

There Goes Rhymin' Simon. Columbia PCQ-32280 (SQ), CAQ-32280
(DQ8), CBS/Sony SOPM-109 (SQ) [Japan], CBS Q-69035 (SQ) [UK]

Last edited:
Back