Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with the first Mo' BOP, this one only has 4 of the 9 songs in 5.1 surround.
Very much high energy modern Jazz (i.e. John Scofield, Pat Martino with a hint of Jeff Beck.)

KW- MO' BOP II.jpg

Saw this listed on a thread of "rare" SACDs (in quotes because I found it for $5!)

View attachment 43774 Caroline Henderson Don't Explain

W O W !
Now this is not the most exciting surround jazz vocal disc I've ever heard--as far as the mix goes; in fact, much of the surround action is reverb and a mirroring of the front speakers . . . but every now and then, something surprising pops out behind me, making me smile and feel even closer to what goes on in the front three. And forilla, godzilla, what is going down up front is seriously getting up for the down stroke--hip arrangements and seductive vocals, sometimes breathy, sometimes hoarse, sometimes clear, always intriguing and interpretive. Henderson's voice is firmly anchored in the center throughout much of the disc (sometimes it sounded as if she was left and a growly grizzly male voice on the right--though on one song, that male voice is behind me). I'm spinning it a second time and turning it up. Damn, comrades! Glad I stumbled on that thread! Peace

I know I have this mch SACD somewhere in my pile of music, Clement ...... only question WHERE?

I'm currently listening to DJABE: 20 Dimensions [again]. For Jazz lovers, these Hungarian cats SWING big time and all their MLP DVD~A 5.1 discs are superbly recorded and discrete!

See the source image

Last edited:
I know I have this mch SACD somewhere in my pile of music, Clement ...... only question WHERE?

I'm currently listening to DJABE: 20 Dimensions [again]. For Jazz lovers, these Hungarian cats SWING big time and all their MLP DVD~A 5.1 discs are superbly recorded and discrete!

See the source image
Thanks for the reminder that I had an unopened purchase in my to-listen pile:

1572660492718.png
Djabe & Steve Hackett Life Is A Journey

Besides 20 Dimensions, any must-hear Djabe?

Thanks for the reminder that I had an unopened purchase in my to-listen pile:

View attachment 43783 Djabe & Steve Hackett Life Is A Journey

Besides 20 Dimensions, any must-hear Djabe?

Clement, I have about 10 Djabe MLP DVD~As and LOVE every one: Here's a list of all their avaiable music.....I especially recommend Sheafs are Dancing, Up and Down and Flow but really, NOT a dud in the batch. They usually have a sale on their music around the holidays which is a good time to 'stock up."

http://djabe.hu/en/diszkografia/
ANOTHER HIGH RECOMMENDATION: LY~O~LAY ALE LOYA and WITCHI TAI TO

Last edited:
Such a great album......on another note, does anyone with Foobar know why I see the information on the left? The thing is, I like it....but it only shows up once in a great while...and it shows up on the Lyrics tab.

View attachment 43787
Wow 😳 DR meter for lyrics; bug 🐜 or maybe substitute when lyrics aren’t available 🙈🤔🤓🤷‍♂️

Back