Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok.. getting stuck into the Dream Theater and its not bad at all so far.

musically i love it.
soundwise certain aspects are a wee bit crunchy and maybe there's not enough low end in the Centre & Rears (not sure there's much going on in the C?) but generally it sounds ok.. the Front L&R are a bit dominant in the mix maybe.

the credits in the book are kinda unclear as to exactly who mixed the 5.1 on the BD-A (Distance Over Time).. so..

was it Richard Chycki? Ben Grosse? Tom Baker? Peter van't Riet? Henry Kissinger? was it all of them? or none of them! hmm.. maybe i did it..!? 🤔

(sorry for the crap photo, blotto, again 🍷🤷‍♀️😷

12B1179E-14EA-4A7B-87DE-74267B8030FB.jpeg

Now merely A Sprinkling Of Clouds

View attachment 48042 Gong You (1974 Quad Mixes) on Love From The Planet Gong (The Virgin Years 1973-75)

A paltry THREE votes!

think its a tough one to rate.. do you judge it from a purely Surround pov? if you can overlook that its only half an album in Quad and the other half upmixed in a stuffed box set with no other Surround? is it then in 7-9 territory? which is where its at with only 3 votes.. hmm.. 🤔

think its a tough one to rate.. do you judge it from a purely Surround pov? if you can overlook that its only half an album in Quad and the other half upmixed in a stuffed box set with no other Surround? is it then in 7-9 territory? which is where its at with only 3 votes.. hmm.. 🤔
Somehow I don't think we'll get a standalone of the 1 disc we all want....

Coming down again; someone must have done a Rain Dance

View attachment 48061 The Guess Who ‎Rockin' & The Best Of The Guess Who Volume II

POLL showing is right in the middle of the five Guess Who SACD releases

BTW, Clem, that storm is supposed to pack some damaging HAIL ....... UGH! Put your car in the garage and stick those lawn mowers in the tool shed!

And when it's ALL OVER you and the Missus can do a

See the source image

Scheiner on HARVEST MOON🌜

Last edited:
Time to Kiss the Rain

View attachment 48069 Billie Myers Growing, Pains

Another gem about which I would not have known were it not for our POLL

If if wasn't for the QQ Polls, Clement, you'd STILL be listening to 8 tracks in the local Walmart Parking Lot 😁 Or maybe PIGGLY WIGGLYS🐷

See the source image

DAMMIT, THE SPLICE BROKE!

Last edited:
Back