Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling kind of Wagnerian

1585545440695.png

https://www.discogs.com/Wagner-Vien...stra-Georg-Solti-Tannhäuser-/release/12907214

Talk about A TURN OF THE CARD, Clem. Was anxiously awaiting your Renaissance review or is THE JOKER WILD?
Hmm. Review, eh? Ima need to listen a few more times, but after my first listen, I heard what others heard: tracks 1 and 2 sound like "double stereo"--a most inauspicious beginning. Track 5 also sounds like an upmix, but much better than 1 and 2. Tracks 3. 4. and 6 are discrete, but not very adventurous, though 6 has its moments. Although the songs were familiar (most of them), it's the first time I heard the album, and I enjoyed its content, but not as much as
1585565296890.png

which I put on immediately after my first listen to Renaissance. And I listened to Mary Fahl twice after hearing A Turn of the Cards once. And it was my fourth and fifth listen to from the dark side of the moon. That should speak volumes!

Hmm. Review, eh? Ima need to listen a few more times, but after my first listen, I heard what others heard: tracks 1 and 2 sound like "double stereo"--a most inauspicious beginning. Track 5 also sounds like an upmix, but much better than 1 and 2. Tracks 3. 4. and 6 are discrete, but not very adventurous, though 6 has its moments. Although the songs were familiar (most of them), it's the first time I heard the album, and I enjoyed its content, but not as much as
View attachment 48199
which I put on immediately after my first listen to Renaissance. And I listened to Mary Fahl twice after hearing A Turn of the Cards once. And it was my fourth and fifth listen to from the dark side of the moon. That should speak volumes!

Mine should arrive sometime this week from Mary.

Regarding Turn Of The Cards, can't understand why these remixers just don't utilize Chucky's tried and tested SURROUND MASTER V.2 from the original analogue tapes for their UPMIXES! They'd sound a helluva lot better than DOUBLE STEREO!

Last edited:
Oh, I'm RELAXed, and I mos' def' wanna come [sic]

1585572660098.png
Frankie Goes To Hollywood Rage Hard - The Sonic Collection

but playing this Maximum Joy at 75 db disturbed my wife and made her go! My Other Side was Born To Run! Have Two Tribes gone to war?! I've no doubt The Power Of Love will overcome [sic] and she will return to the Pleasuredome!

Last edited:
I'm starting my day the SOUNDGARDEN way (LOUD)
View attachment 48200 Soundgarden Badmotorfinger
And, according to the
POLL, this is one Baaaad Motor Finger of a release!
Thanks for reminding me. I remember one of the live shows in this box. It's either discrete or just a really good performance. I'll have to check it out.

Yay, my Acoustic Sounds order just arrived with a bunch of great music!
Starting off with what I'm most excited to listen to...

Blood Sweat & Tears - Bloodlines (4 SACD Box + Booklet)

1585583152366.png 1585583211327.png

This set contains the first four BS&T on SACD. The first album is the 5.1 mix released recently, the second album is in QUAD !!!! Yes finally !!!! The 3rd and 4th are released in stereo SACD.
I jumped on the 2nd album first for my morning listen....

The Stylistics : The Stylistics

(yes, its The Stylistics by The Stylistics!) 😂

with such an epononononohippotamousynmous title for the record and tracks the quality of;
Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart),
Betcha By Golly Wow,

& You Are Everything...

in my utter foolishness i long thought this must be a Stylistics compilation! fool if you think its a compo, tis butt an al-Bum! 🍑 🥳

stay stylistically safe me compadres 🤗

66F9F4DD-FF56-46B8-BBD4-CB4140F0142E.jpeg

back to the purple headed 12-inch groove warrior (AT440MLb) for this exotic ol'CD-4 tis a bit noisy and knackered (like its one careful laddie owner) 😋

Back