Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DOOBIE BROTHERS THE CAPTAIN AND ME [RHINO/4.0]

See the source image

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Oh Yeah, I am letting my freak flag fly tonight.
I have been holding off on the Doobies Quadio because of my OCD nature but I just had to let go with a 75% system, it still kicks ass no bull shit. I walked across street and got about 50 yards away and was clear as a bell.
I am listening to Toulouse Street via my Panasonic DP-UB9000P-K and it is very fucking good. at about 300 watts all 4 channels. I wish all of you could share this with me, pretty fucking awesome. Giving me new inspiration as the last 3 days I have been a noise funk, but I think I turned the corner.
This BD-A disc at DTS-HD Mstr is very STRONG, love it.
IMG_0857.jpg

Listening now via the Blu Ray player DTS-HD MSTR Quadio The Captain and Me. This is the one to be critical about comparing to the 5.1 DVD-A that every one has.
Definitely different. First track Natural Thing: I wanted to hear that swirling sound going in circles, but I did not hear it like I do on the DVD-A.
That was disappointing. Clear As Driven Snow: has a little bit more snow sound than the DVD-A, go figure.
Evil women: Tom's vocals in rear left, sucks, in fact the entire track is a mess. The sheer guitar volume sounds great but that is about it. Fucked up my ears a little.
Not disappointing is the muscle that this 4.0 produces. Play loud as you can bear, that is the way to enjoy.
I love how the onscreen menu just goes right to 4.0.
Did you know that unfinished bridge is 280 to 85, when I grew up there where still cow and pig farms on the peninsula and about 1966 to 1969 the entire peninsula erupted into a suburb explosion, shopping malls, freeways and towns.
Wow, my new rig, albeit a new born really got a work out tonight.
I'm a little torn on this one, got to rip this Blu Ray and do A/B with the DVD-A. It's hard when DVD-A is still my favorite format. Don't get me wrong this BD-A kicks some serious ass.
Disclaimer: I am in a rig building process so my opinions s will be different that yours, but as Peter Green in Chicago said WATCH OUT Track One.
I'll repeat myself as I finish the album, not quite sure about this need to do a pen and paper critical listen and compare to the 5.1 DVD-A.

Oh Yeah, I am letting my freak flag fly tonight.
I have been holding off on the Doobies Quadio because of my OCD nature but I just had to let go with a 75% system, it still kicks ass no bull shit. I walked across street and got about 50 yards away and was clear as a bell.
I am listening to Toulouse Street via my Panasonic DP-UB9000P-K and it is very fucking good. at about 300 watts all 4 channels. I wish all of you could share this with me, pretty fucking awesome. Giving me new inspiration as the last 3 days I have been a noise funk, but I think I turned the corner.
This BD-A disc at DTS-HD Mstr is very STRONG, love it.
View attachment 57411
McIntosh Amps and tuner.....must be nice dude!!!! Are they Tube?

Received my copy this morning

Wow!. I was school studying at my room when I was teen with Firth of Fifth & Cinema Show. (Yes, it was 1974) :)

Even my wife likes this now. Hackett has been one of my induction to prog for my wife when we went to the ‘Wuthering Nights' previous live show. She liked Nad Sylvan a lot. We missed this one Selling & Spectral.

Will listen this evening to check how much Steven Wilson mix/master has improved Hackett Bluray concerts.

SH.JPG

Back