Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barenaked Ladies EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE [REPRISE/MLP DVD~A 5.1/96/24] HARDLY a Surround Demo album but nonetheless A WHOLE LOTTA FUN....DVD~A mastered by Bob Ludwig. Includes BLUE MAN GROUP on Percussion on selected tracks!

https://www.discogs.com/Barenaked-Ladies-Everything-To-Everyone/release/2052041

R-2052041-1288603395.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Jethro Tull ‎– Songs From The Wood
Steven Wilson 5.1 mix

"With a lush production, a slightly heavier use of keyboards, and distinctly acoustic leaning prog, there are plenty of layers to create a fully immersive surround mix.
There is significant improvement of audio quality, especially to the low end, when compared to the original stereo versions.
Kind of a wild surround adventure: It's as if the album were transformed into some spectacular amusement park ride, and the listener gets to step inside. Brilliant"

unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg

Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason (The Later Years box, blu-ray)

I ordered the set back in mid-November when Amazon had it listed for $279...waited, waited....for some reason the tracking info was with Australia Post (from UK/EU to USA????)...tracking never updated after leaving the UK...finally gave up and Amazon refunded my money....then 2 weeks later it showed up. Looking like I got this set for free, and being Amazon, no I don't feel bad.
81C9oFZncIL._SL450_.jpg

Devadip Carlos Santana & Turiya Alice Coltrane ‎– Illuminations SACD Quadraphonic

Incense is burning and meditation mats aligned

"Of the handful of varying styles that Santana has recorded , none reflects his nomadic musical exploration better than his 1974 collaborative LP with Alice Coltrane, Illuminations.
Santana’s preoccupation with jazz & spirituality
combined to produce this unique recording"

MVIMG_20210131_180640.jpg

Devadip Carlos Santana & Turiya Alice Coltrane ‎– Illuminations SACD Quadraphonic

Incense is burning and meditation mats aligned

"Of the handful of varying styles that Santana has recorded , none reflects his nomadic musical exploration better than his 1974 collaborative LP with Alice Coltrane, Illuminations.
Santana’s preoccupation with jazz & spirituality
combined to produce this unique recording"

View attachment 62533

Have this on VINYL its out there awesome

Momentary Lapse Of Reason from The Later Years Box Set. 5.1 BD-A 24/96. DR's are 7, 11's, 12's, 13's, 14.
When I purchased this box set, after I finished listening to all I was sick of Pink Floyd. Now back with a new room and fresh ears.
Still, not would it could have been, but definately sounds better than before, high marks for the LFE bass, really sounds good. Fidelity remains, not quite crystal clear and mix, well could have been done a hair better. The good news I like it better than before and more importantly I am willing to listen again.
R-14077408-1603654804-7358.jpeg.jpg
R-14077408-1576319683-5962.mpo.jpg

Sven, I don't know anything about this. What kind of music? I see there is a $134.00 box set on Amazon that is a pre order.
View attachment 62546
It's Rock/Prog Rock, there are a few videos on YouTube you could listen to, I have the standalone Blu-ray. I ordered from Racket Records, Marillions shop (Pete Trewavas is in the group) I don't know if there is a U.S. shop. I just looked at InsideOut website, the official release date is the 5th.

Last edited:
I don't know how everybody is getting their copy of the Transatlantic album so early with a February 5th release date. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

The album, in its many varieties, is also available through Radiant Records with the stand-alone Blu Ray just under $28 shipped to USA.

I don't know how everybody is getting their copy of the Transatlantic album so early with a February 5th release date. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

The album, in its many varieties, is also available through Radiant Records with the stand-alone Blu Ray just under $28 shipped to USA.
Exactly, that is why I am confused. Some have it, but announced as a pre order. I'll listen to the band later today on Tidal and see if I like the music.

Back