Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I know there is an unsightly wire hanging from my right Atmos speaker. I wanted to first see if I like having them mounted up on wall before drilling a hole to hide wire. Yes, I will be doing that.

A truly disgusting breach of home decor conventions! ;)

What's the conventional wisdom with regards to toeing in wall-mounted Atmos height speakers? I find that having my main front speakers toed in to get them pointing as directly at my ear holes as possible in the sweet spot makes a night-and-day difference when it comes to phantom imaging, but I wasn't sure if the same principles apply to height speakers or not.

What's the conventional wisdom with regards to toeing in wall-mounted Atmos height speakers? I find that having my main front speakers toed in to get them pointing as directly at my ear holes as possible in the sweet spot makes a night-and-day difference when it comes to phantom imaging, but I wasn't sure if the same principles apply to height speakers or not.

Toeing in FRONT and REAR speakers using a MONO VOCAL source is probably the best for imaging speakers.

As far as overhead ATMOS speakers, Although I don't have it, I would assume the speakers should at least be made by the same speaker manufacturer as the fronts and rears so the flow of sound from front to rear is SEAMLESS and since ATMOS mostly deals with overhead signals could probably comfortably rest in the ceiling slightly front and rear of the SWEET SPOT for maximum effect.

Would be interesting to hear how Gene [GOS} finalizes set up of his ATMOS speakers. If ceiling installation is impractical, I'm sure they could be placed on the side walls in close proximity to the ceiling....angled towards listener slightly front and rear of the all important SWEET SPOT!

Last edited:
The Gene Harris/Scott Hamilton Quintet AT LAST [Concord Jazz/Multi~CH SACD] Exquisite performances and Sonics!

https://www.discogs.com/The-Gene-Ha...rown-And-Harold-Jones-At-Last/release/8946906

R-8946906-1531830222-8874.jpeg.jpg

Well, mine is very much a work in progress. I have a pretty small room, that doesn't lend itself (so much) to atmos. I'm not a movie guy, so it's all about the music for me.

Back