Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.E.M. - Reveal

1617503297077.jpeg

An outstanding disc. Haven't made it through all the extras though.
Same here. The new 5.1 mix of the album always draws me in and makes me appreciate an underrated album more than I ever did before...geting into the extras seems to get put back for "another day"

I wouldn't call it common...but laser disc was a very very small format and there were quite a few bad discs manufactured by Sony at their Indiana plant.
Thanks for the response, I drooled over LD back in the day but the players and discs were always outside of my financial wheelhouse. Considering their costs it would be a real bummer to have LD's dirty the bed like that, just as well I never got into them. LOL I read a lot about rot on CD's but never experienced it myself in 40 years of CD-DVD-BD collecting???

Kansas THE ABSENCE OF PRESENCE
I'd kill for a good BD 4.0-5.1 remaster of Leftoverture.

Listened to John Lennon Imagine raw tracks (but final takes) in 5.1. Really great.

But was surprising is to listen to the backing tracks isolated which follows this on disc 2 of the set. Nicky's piano, John's acoustic guitars, and some vocal parts. This disc is wonderful even if not all of it is in surround.

JAZZ FOR A GORGEOUS SUNDAY AFTERNOON IN NEW YORK .... BEFORE THE BIG MEAL! [Stretch Records/2 Multi~CH SACDs/DSD Recording] With guest vocalist Bobby McFerrin.

See the source image

Ben Folds
Concerto for Piano and Orchestra
dts-HD Master Audio | 5.1 (44.1 x 16 CD)

*MakeMKV / AudioMuxer / DVD Audio Extractor would not open it.
The only thing that would rip it is good ol' Foobar2000 into wav files.
Very full sounding and immersive though.

Ben Folds - Concerto for Piano and Orchestra (dts-CD).jpg

Back