Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hee! I never was an altar boy - I was out sick during the week of training! These days I don't regret it... :oops:

I probly would've just caught a charge for getting into the altar wine anyway.

You didn't miss much Jim. Those 1 1/2 hour Solemn High Masses with all the incense and the fact we had to learn Latin responses was no picnic in the park.

Ah yes - quite a contrast before & after Vatican II, I remember!

This record was certainly controversial back in the day. Certainly it was a mixed blessing for parents - so irreverent! But hey, it got the kids interested like nothing else seemed to do. I mean come on - Jesus Christ is the lead singer from DEEP PURPLE - immediate teen cred right there. All my 8th-grade friends were diggin' it. Even now, it can still give me chills; it's just an undeniably compelling musical experience. For what it's worth, I can honestly say that on its own, Jesus Christ Superstar probably delayed my descent into atheism by 6 months or so, give or take. Not bad for a plastic waffle... :unsure:

Last edited:
Jakko Jakszyk - Secrets & Lies
91ZgSS8Yp3L._SL400_.jpg

Diana Krall: The Girl In The Other Room (SACD 5.1)

I'm not a huge jazz person, but am drawn to more contemporary artists like Krall, Barber, Benson, and others. This one has a great surroud mix

R-3163728-1501265258-4106.jpeg.jpg
I believe that’s one I still need to pick up; I really enjoy her DVD-A of When I Look In Your Eyes. I didn’t find a Poll for it now that I look!
The fidelity seems off the charts great for me.

https://www.discogs.com/Diana-Krall-When-I-Look-In-Your-Eyes/release/1869339

Another Good Friday, another round of Jesus Christ Superstar* (original Decca cast)!

What can I say - you can take the boy out of Catholic school, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 65422
*so-so upmix
Not Catholic (more of an ex-Southern Baptist-raised kid), and I certainly joined you in the descent, but I love to play this every Easter!

Had a fun conversation with a friend once about the rather raunchy ambiguity in "I Don't Know How to Love Him":

"And I've loved so many men before, in oh so many ways --
He's just one more"

Guess my descent was into the gutter. . . .

🤯 you got a Missile launcher in your car @vindaloo???
Yes I do, Pupster. But in my older model year car the Fire Missiles button has to share with the ejection seat mechanism. It's a real bummer I can't have both options available at the same time.

Year of the Cat
Al Stewart
DTS DVD

YOTC and Ejection Seat Button.png

I've got the same limitation with the nitrous oxide fuel injection. :)

Santana (debut)
Santana
SACD
Santana Debut.png

Last edited:
Was disc rot a common thing with LD's ?

I wouldn't call it common...but laser disc was a very very small format and there were quite a few bad discs manufactured by Sony at their Indiana plant...and what made matters worse was that it took a while before the oxidation ruined the disc...MCA also produced faulty discs....back in the 90's Laser Discs were pretty expensive as well...some of the more popular discs sold for over a $100....it was a ritual to call Ken Crane every week for their "specials"...

Back then I had a Mitsubishi 40 inch rear projection TV and when I put a laser disc in my friends were in awe..LOL....those were the days

Back