Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight I’m playing...

Henry Mancini - Six Hours Past Sunset & A Warm Shade Of Ivory

1619414037507.jpeg 1619414059203.jpeg

Johnnie Taylor - Ear-ga-sm & Rated Extraordinaire
[SACD]

This is one of the Vocalion SACDs that has aged the best for me - especially the Eargasm album, which I find myself listening to way more than I expected when I first found out we were doing this twofer.

Shout-out to @fredblue for flying the flag for these two albums for years, when no one else was talking about them!

I hate to break it to you, but reaction scores don't "count" for anything except for letting someone know that you enjoyed or found value in what they posted.
I’m not sure why you reacted to a Post by Ralph that was meant to be humorous. If what you say is correct, then he is right. A 😲 or ☹ emoji doesn’t let the OP know that they enjoyed or found value in their Post. Just the opposite. Okay…now I am joking.

This is one of the Vocalion SACDs that has aged the best for me - especially the Eargasm album, which I find myself listening to way more than I expected when I first found out we were doing this twofer.

Shout-out to @fredblue for flying the flag for these two albums for years, when no one else was talking about them!

your post... is Rated X! 🥳

that means its eXtra Special, Dave! 🤗 😂

I’m not sure why you reacted to a Post by Ralph that was meant to be humorous. If what you say is correct, then he is right. A 😲 or ☹ emoji doesn’t let the OP know that they enjoyed or found value in their Post. Just the opposite. Okay…now I am joking.

Yes, you're correct (technically correct! the best kind of correct! to quote the Head of Bureaucracy from Futurama) but the point of my post was to disabuse Ralph of the notion that the reaction score leaderboards count for something, because he seems to think that when people who are in the imaginary race with him to the top react to his posts with anything other than a 'like' (which doesn't count toward that total) that they're purposely robbing him of some kind of acclaim. His constant chiding of Adam (and others) is a reference to this, and we've actually considered removing the leaderboards entirely as a result.

Back