Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OIP.aaj3VhjfEH0z-yFYQ8wCbwHaHa

This is one of the Vocalion SACDs that has aged the best for me - especially the Eargasm album, which I find myself listening to way more than I expected when I first found out we were doing this twofer.

Shout-out to @fredblue for flying the flag for these two albums for years, when no one else was talking about them!
I appreciate you chiming in on this one, Dave (and Adam ;) ). Honestly, I feel exactly the same way. Out of all the wonderful Quad SACDs from Dutton, this one from Johnnie Taylor has been spinning in my player the most. It has quickly become my favorite. Every song is classic Soul/R&B from the 1970s. 💃✨🕺💕 On a side note, it was interesting to learn Disco Lady was the first single to be certified platinum.

Listening now to Magical Mystery Tour Blu Ray video. I ripped the four 5.1 songs out of the disc. Enjoyable. Rip is 16/48 with DR's of 10's, 11, 12.
View attachment 66619
Which four songs are they? I’m assuming that Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields is not on that lis, especially given the fact that those two songs are available in 24/96 versions on the Sgt. Pepper box. :unsure:

Edit: I see now that PL and SF do not appear in the movie.

Back