Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week at 01:30 a.m. in the morning on Jan.26th my wife woke me up and said our daughter Amy just had a son, which would make me a first time grandfather(have a hard time saying that word).
So here's the power of music a few minutes later I have this song playing in my head, The Who-"Its a Boy" ......A Son,a Son A Son........
This morning driving into work had Who's Tommy Dvda playing in the car and will be spinning that some more on way home today.

peter

Congrats Peter.....awesomeness :banana:

Hopefully we're not playing that one song over and over on your commute :banana:

Last edited:
Last week at 01:30 a.m. in the morning on Jan.26th my wife woke me up and said our daughter Amy just had a son, which would make me a first time grandfather(have a hard time saying that word).
So here's the power of music a few minutes later I have this song playing in my head, The Who-"Its a Boy" ......A Son,a Son A Son........
This morning driving into work had Who's Tommy Dvda playing in the car and will be spinning that some more on way home today.

peter

Yes, congrats! Been one for 12 years now, and it's all it's cracked up to be ;)

peter

Congratulations! :wave

It's a boy Mrs. Walker, it's a boy..! :D

peter
congratulations Pete! Amy and the boy are doing fine?

Lalo Schifrin - Letters from Argentina (DVD-A DualDisc)

Demo quality mix and fidelity. And some tasty music to boot. (y)

lalo%20front_zpsdvxef6he.jpg

Wishbone Ash "New England" SpecWeb Upmix from CD... The twin guitar assault separates fantastically; SpecWeb has led me to rediscover one of my favorite bands in surround... Saw them last year at a small club in Pasadena, CA... Sounded tight live (only one original member, though:() I recommend this band to anyone who likes extended dual- lead guitar solos/jams... These guys invented them!

My Wishbone Ash SpecWeb Upmixes so far:

Wishbone Ash (self titled) from CD (pre-loudness wars)
Pilgrimage from CD (pre-loudness wars)
Argus from SACD
New England from CD (pre-loudness wars)
Just Testing from 24x192 vinyl rip
No Smoke Without Fire from 24x192 vinyl rip

"There's The Rub" is next (waiting for my "non-remastered" CD to arrive)

Thin Lizzy "Roisin Dubh" (title track) SpecWeb Upmix from SACD... Yes, the guitar solo sounds amazing (one guitar in each rear speaker)... SpecWeb really does a good job of separating guitars into the rear speakers when there's two of them (other good examples include AC/DC and Judas Priest... Iron Maiden works well with the Kevin Shirley-produced stuff... For some reason a lot of the Martin Birch recordings don't separate very well with SpecWeb.)

"Disturbing The Universe" by edisonbaggins.... This is effing great! If I could vote on this, I'd give 2.5 for content... The musicianship is excellent (love the guitar solo... Maybe turn it up a little?) and the music reminds me of Black Sabbath but with a more progressive feel (maybe a slight BOC vibe as well); 3 for the surround mix... At first I was thinking "I wish the vocals were a little louder" as they were coming from the center channel, but then they started moving all around the room, eventually settling in my rear speakers... Really cool effect! Finally 3 for the sonics... Full range sound, very dynamic, drums sound great... Very crankable. 8.5 total... More please! Great job, Mr. Baggins!

"Disturbing The Universe" by edisonbaggins.... This is effing great! If I could vote on this, I'd give 2.5 for content... The musicianship is excellent (love the guitar solo... Maybe turn it up a little?) and the music reminds me of Black Sabbath but with a more progressive feel (maybe a slight BOC vibe as well); 3 for the surround mix... At first I was thinking "I wish the vocals were a little louder" as they were coming from the center channel, but then they started moving all around the room, eventually settling in my rear speakers... Really cool effect! Finally 3 for the sonics... Full range sound, very dynamic, drums sound great... Very crankable. 8.5 total... More please! Great job, Mr. Baggins!

haha - I listened to it as well. I agree - it does sound good. :) But.....since it's ROCK, I really can't comment until I can turn it up this weekend....

Back