Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9i6b8w.jpg

JanBakker, I notice you have a SpecWeb Upmix of Queen "The Miracle" from SACD... I was reviewing the DR numbers on the SACD and it has a DR of 7 as apposed to the various CD releases which have DR numbers ranging from 11-13. How did your mix come out? Have you (or anyone) tried a direct comparison of 2 SpecWeb upmixes of the same album from different sources with varying levels of compression? just curious...

JanBakker, I notice you have a SpecWeb Upmix of Queen "The Miracle" from SACD... I was reviewing the DR numbers on the SACD and it has a DR of 7 as apposed to the various CD releases which have DR numbers ranging from 11-13. How did your mix come out? Have you (or anyone) tried a direct comparison of 2 SpecWeb upmixes of the same album from different sources with varying levels of compression? just curious...

I have not, i just converted this one a few minutes ago.

Owl City - Live in Los Angeles DTS-HD Master 5.1. Always thought Adam Young was a smart young man with a great imagination...probably a little too light for most folks here, but I find it's a fun disc to spin once in awhile :)

image_zpssisictwi.jpg

Finishing up Saturday afternoon with B.B. King - Live in Montreux 1993 in DTS-HD Master 5.1. This blu ray can often be found in bargain bins for $5-$10, but I highly recommend it for the awesome audio/video quality. Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend :D

IMG_0549_zpsk8fh9qgf.jpg

Listening now to DVD-A 24/96 5.1 Simple Minds, Once Upon A Time. I am so happy, had 3 shots, 3 Bud Lights, and listening to this disc is heaven. I bought this disc in 2015 for $70.00, the most expensive DVD-A I own but is a reference disc for surround. The only thing that would make me happier is if more Hair Metal (late 80's) rock music was delivered in 5.1. I got 3 OOP Charlie Daniels discs, stereo, RBCD, discs this week, yeah, feeling good.

Wanna go on a bad trip? Check out his Steel Witness album... Almost as bad as the Kirk Cameron movies...

Charlie Daniels was one of the greatest sounds I ever heard , ABB, LS, MTB, I was there, but Ol Charlie has forgotten his early work and now is reborn and a little uptight, unlike, if you don't like this long haired country boy just leave me alone. They all change.

Charlie Daniels was one of the greatest sounds I ever heard , ABB, LS, MTB, I was there, but Ol Charlie has forgotten his early work and now is reborn and a little uptight, unlike, if you don't like this long haired country boy just leave me alone. They all change.

:(

The worst thing about that album is it has NO fiddle! What the ACTUAL fuck???

Back