Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primary
Secondary, 2 of 2

Something @GOS wrote has me checking out LPs from 1980 down in my quad space. My wife headed out, so i'm back up in the 7.1 room. When i replaced everything must go on the shelf, this one caught my eye! Since it's from 1980, i'm CRANKING it! Bliss! Hey Nineteen–man, i do miss that Cuervo Gold and that fine Columbian!
Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 10.10.17 AM.png
9.46 on our poll
thread

I only got into King Crimson about 2 years ago with the surround DVD-A’s and this is also the one that really clicked with me. If this ends up being their last studio album then I think they went out on a high note.
Same for me, it took me about 2 years to collect every studio album in surround, my other half hates them more than any other band I play so am limited to listening when she is out lol. Proud to say I never paid more than retail for any of them even though I got them all new

Same for me, it took me about 2 years to collect every studio album in surround, my other half hates them more than any other band I play so am limited to listening when she is out lol. Proud to say I never paid more than retail for any of them even though I got them all new
I’m pretty lucky, I don’t know what I was thinking but I decided to use Lizard (in 5.1) as my girlfriend’s introduction to KC, and to my utter shock she loved it. That one even took a while for me to appreciate.

She loves Yes so she had a smile on her face when she heard Jon Anderson on Prince Rupert Awakes 🙂

Absolutely magnificent! The final paragraph of the review this release inspired:
The record itself strikes me as a timeless classic, a release of rare perfection lovingly restored and given a surround mix that enhances Clark's spiritual yearning and underscores the transcendence of Art. One of the true treasures of my collection and an undeniable TEN! Thanks @neil wilkes !

View attachment 92195 9.68 on our poll thread
Does anyone know what Neil Wilkes is up to these days? It is over a year since he last visited QQ.

Back