Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
folder.jpg

I’ve heard a lot of talk regarding Camel here on this Forum. I’ve never heard this band. Maybe, I should check them out.
Now that I have spent the time pretty deep into this box set, when I listen I hear the same sound as Emerson Lake & Palmer.
I would say are the closest in sound.
Yes, I never heard of Camel before QQ either, maybe 10 years ago?
I do have two stereo SACD’s that I bought prior.

Now that I have spent the time pretty deep into this box set, when I listen I hear the same sound as Emerson Lake & Palmer.
I would say are the closest in sound.
Yes, I never heard of Camel before QQ either, maybe 10 years ago?
I do have two stereo SACD’s that I bought prior.
Closet in sound? Meaning, I’ll barely be able to tell the two bands apart, other than the vocals?

Looking at some reviews of Apple Music Atmos mixes to see if there's anything woth listening to. This was the lede for one of the reviews.
"Unfortunately, I don't have the "top tier proper equipment" (i.e. another $500 set of headphones or an actual 5.1 speaker setup) for listening in Dolby Atmos but I do have a pair of AirPods Pro 2 that work great in hearing the differences and the nuances in the mix."
Yeah
No
Click

For something completely different, I picked up this Atmos pure audio blu ray:
Konstantin Reymaier ~ The New Organ at St Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna

It's been streaming on Apple Music for some time, but is available in a beautiful Deutsche Grammaphone digipak for under $16.
5.1 mix included.

Program starts with Bach & ends with John Williams Star Wars.
A showcase for the power & dynamics of these ancient instruments, in a massive reverberant space.

If there's a pipe organ recording better than this one, I'd like to know about it.

https://a.co/d/iJfFDAI

View attachment 98924

View attachment 98923
Ordered my copy yesterday. Seems they’re running low!

I just bought tickets for Cirque du Soleil: The Beatles LOVE in Las Vegas.
DEC 15th, I have saw this show before, around 2016 or so. Will be in Vegas for U2 on the 16th so why not.
It is the best Vegas show I have ever seen, so far.
Listening now to LOVE 5.1 released 11/17/2006.
DVD rip, FLAC 24bit/96Khz. DR's are 8, 9's, 10's, 11's, 12's.
Although it is a special recording for the sound track of the Cirque du Soleil show it is quite a fantastic recording, I have not listened to it in years, really fun recording with all the mish/mash of songs.
R-845792-1490395814-2008.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought tickets for Cirque du Soleil: The Beatles LOVE in Las Vegas.
DEC 15th, I have saw this show before, around 2016 or so. Will be in Vegas for U2 on the 16th so why not.
It is the best Vegas show I have ever seen, so far.
Listening now to LOVE 5.1 released 11/17/2006.
DVD rip, FLAC 24bit/96Khz. DR's are 8, 9's, 10's, 11's, 12's.
Although it is a special recording for the sound track of the Cirque du Soleil show it is quite a fantastic recording, I have not listened to it in years, really fun recording with all the mish/mash of songs.
View attachment 99025
The remixing of the LOVE album was far more complicated than one could imagine by the track to track description supplied by WIKIPEDIA:

Back