Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to play some REO:

IMG_9668web_zpstzvsbx35.jpg

Kevin rulez :)

He looks better now than he did back in the day (imho :eek: )

Did you hear their two old Quads already?
If not, I love a good PM! :)

The sound on that thing is MASSIVE! Huge soundstage! It's a sonic roller-coaster! I love it! :D

Scriabin%203%20amp%204%20SACD_zpsqzo7m3he.jpg

He looks better now than he did back in the day (imho :eek: )

Did you hear their two old Quads already?
If not, I love a good PM! :)

Not too much fan of their first albums. Became a big fan when I heard the Tuna album for the first time - and it it still my favourite album of theirs. My favourite band in the 80's.

Thanks anyway :)

But I would buy anything from them on digital media in multichannel.

Pretty nice surround on the REO Blu Ray with some dsp's engaged on the Yamaha.

No probs :)
fwiw, the 2 X SQ LPs decode very well into Quad ("this time I mean it" ;) ..like they decode seriously well..) thru the Surround Master, I don't really care if the Quads never get reissued (seems highly doubtful anyway!) not because the Quads are crap they're wonderful even in SQ decoded form.

Intergalactic Trot - Stardrive With Robert Mason

"Strawberry splits forever.." :music

I said splits, not spliffs.. :D

Trippin.. :smokin

Crikey O'Reilly.. this really is a trip..! :yikes
..I remember the first time I heard this album, I thought "hmm.., this would sound really good in surround!" with no clue it had ever been mixed into Quad back in the day.. hearing it now in all its 4-channel glory, put simply this (to me) is reference Quad material (musically may not be everyone's cup of tea however, it's mine! :eek: ) staggering surround mix..

Ain't No Bout A-Doubt It - Graham Central Station

(Note to self: Never play this old Quad with a hangover.. dizzying pans a-go-go.. no bout a-doubt it.. even at this stage it's quite the thrill ride.. ok, I'm tanked up so even Joan Collins would get me into a lather right now.. but.. :friday: )

Edit: Judy.. I mean Judy Collins' Quads would even set my pulse racing given the right state of being.. not Dame Joan Collins! :eek:

Just watched "Wild Tales (Relatos Salvajes)" on my 106" screen - anyone else seen this one - I am still laughing :)

Now it is back with Kevin Cronin and co - he can't fight his feelings anymore :)

Hangovers suck!!!

Back