Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oscar Peterson w/The Michel Legrand Strings"Trail of Dreams - A Canadian Suite" - jazz greats' love letter to his homeland accompanied by lush orchestrations - beautiful!

1cfd11686a9ce0ee394f487809512580.jpg

Mirage - Fleetwood Mac (5.1)

This is not perfect...not sure if it's as good as TUSK, but nonetheless, I love it. It's surround, and it sounds great. I want more, and I'm so pleased to have this nice box set for my collection. Value will only go UP. :) :)

Mirage - Fleetwood Mac (5.1)

This is not perfect...not sure if it's as good as TUSK, but nonetheless, I love it. It's surround, and it sounds great. I want more, and I'm so pleased to have this nice box set for my collection. Value will only go UP. :) :)

I'm pretty sure Clint had pre-ordered this...UGH. Whatever he is doing, I hope he can enjoy this release. Get well Clint, my friend!! :(

I'm pretty sure Clint had pre-ordered this...UGH. Whatever he is doing, I hope he can enjoy this release. Get well Clint, my friend!! :(

crikey man I miss not having him around here.. please God he is ok is all I care about tbh.

I don't know if Clint likes Three Dog Night but I'm gonna spin them now and drink a toast to his good health :beer2

Rufusized - Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan (Quad)

(finally getting to the QS stuff and whizzing it thru the diddy box from the land of Oz.. phew! :p )
:banana:

Chaka Khan, :banana: Chaka Khan.......GREAT stuff, Adam blue. I WANT it on QUAD SACD........NOW!

QS = QUAD Souffle!

Chaka Khan, :banana: Chaka Khan.......GREAT stuff, Adam blue. I WANT it on QUAD SACD........NOW!

QS = QUAD Souffle!

Quad Souffle! I like that! :p
hmm.. how about an SQ Savoy Quad Truffle? or a CD4 cake with 4 candles on it? (four candles..?? no..!! fork handles..!!)
(you know what I'm going to say about Chaka's QS souffle, Ralph.. surprise surprise :eek: .."it decodes really well thru the Surround Master".. hehe.. wish I'd done the QS stuff before the SQ and got it over and done with tbh, though I never intended for SQ to take over my life in quite the way it did.. there's sadly too few records I really want in the QS format, that I'm aware of at least, I think I need to do a bit of research into it because I'm really enjoying these QS jobs more than I remembered when I first started playing around with them around a year or so ago.. but of course I'd love it if these fab albums like the Rufus Quads could be done on SACD fresh from the 4-channel master tapes.. maybe one day someone will make it happen.. meantime, me homemade jobs will have to do.. :smokin

Quad Souffle! I like that! :p
hmm.. how about an SQ Savoy Quad Truffle? or a CD4 cake with 4 candles on it? (four candles..?? no..!! fork handles..!!)
(you know what I'm going to say about Chaka's QS souffle, Ralph.. surprise surprise :eek: .."it decodes really well thru the Surround Master".. hehe.. wish I'd done the QS stuff before the SQ and got it over and done with tbh, though I never intended for SQ to take over my life in quite the way it did.. there's sadly too few records I really want in the QS format, that I'm aware of at least, I think I need to do a bit of research into it because I'm really enjoying these QS jobs more than I remembered when I first started playing around with them around a year or so ago.. but of course I'd love it if these fab albums like the Rufus Quads could be done on SACD fresh from the 4-channel master tapes.. maybe one day someone will make it happen.. meantime, me homemade jobs will have to do.. :smokin

It's really ashame, Adam, that there WERE so many competing formats during that early QUAD period....SQ, QS, CD~4, EV, Dynaquad.....and then finally Q8/QR.

There were many choice QS albums of the time but if I recall correctly, most receivers of the time were SQ capable and QS was the bastard child.

And really, to hear them all ACCURATELY, one would need to access those masters and finally release them on QUAD SACD or better yet, let's resurrect SILVERLINE and they can release them as DVD~A QUADs. Why freaking NOT?

Chicago X

Been listening to the set in chronological order for the first time over the past couple of weeks and while I'm very familiar with lots of their radio songs, this may very well be the first time I've listened to some of these albums all the way through, although I'm fairly familiar with II. Much, much better albums over all than I expected. I was expecting a bit more of the softer pop side of the band that I'm more familiar with, but pretty much all of these albums have lots deep funk, jazz, soul, and some real hard rockin' too, with enough diversity album to album that it doesn't get too 'homogenized'. Overall on my first listen through, I think V and VII are the real standouts to me, but the whole set is pretty freakin' awesome! :worthy

Back