Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The McCartney Years-DVD-V...I now remember playing some of this 3 disc set...Disc 1 does have some outstanding songs on...and the DTS sounds good...listening to silly love songs now...or to clarify for some...the ONE song entitled silly love songs...next up Band on The Run...after that.. baby I'm amazed...Paul put out a lot of good music after the Beatles and this set has a lot of it..

The McCartney Years-DVD-V...I now remember playing some of this 3 disc set...Disc 1 does have some outstanding songs on...and the DTS sounds good...listening to silly love songs now...or to clarify for some...the ONE song entitled silly love songs...next up Band on The Run...after that.. baby I'm amazed...Paul put out a lot of good music after the Beatles and this set has a lot of it..

I was going to play it yesterday but was listening to two-channel upmixed into Auro-3D. :rolleyes::D

Normally, I play the videos in chronological order.

I was going to play it yesterday but was listening to two-channel upmixed into Auro-3D. :rolleyes::D

Normally, I play the videos in chronological order.

With the McCartney discs I just treat them as audio discs and don't watch the video...it's well done and worth a purchase(y)

Hold that recommendation on a purchase...disc 2 is defective on my set and won't load...not in my Oppo or a Panasonic player....

Last edited:
Is there any way to tell from the packaging that it has the bluray? Is it a unique UPC?
Hmmm. That's just the separately packaged CD that came with the BD. The BD is in a sort of digipack, when opened, the BD is on the right, the booklet is on the left along with the digital download info.
I honestly can't remember exactly about the packaged CD other than it came with the BD digipack. It may have been all shrinked together, I just don't know now. Sorry......

Such a great album and excellent surround mix! Second spin in a row.)) I don't have Atmos setup though but on my 5.1 system it also sounds great.(y)Be carefull, there is some very deep bass out there...:eek:
Thanks to our member haikubass and his very usefull surround music release lists I found out about this BD-Audio and got it very cheap. I love this forum! :dance

View attachment 33342

yes! Galvany Street's great, even just downmixed to 5.1! (i don't have Atmos either sadly)

David Bowie - Reality DualDisc DD 5.1 (only :mad:) and yet, haven't played one in a very long time and I am enjoying it much more now than then, even though it is only Dolby.

View attachment 33322

pretty sure there's a Surround SACD of Bowie's "Reality" too! it probably goes for about ten zillion quid now but just thought I'd be helpful and mention it!

Speaking of TP & the HB's....I just listened to the Sound Stage Live In Concert BD. My wife came in from work and I was telling her I HAVE to go see Petty again the next time he comes to Gainesville.
After a minute it hit me...I was very sad for a bit. But thinking about all the great music he left cheered me up.

pretty sure there's a Surround SACD of Bowie's "Reality" too! it probably goes for about ten zillion quid now but just thought I'd be helpful and mention it!

You're absolutely correct, Adam. AmazonUS has one used for US $70 [used/like new]: https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=1343 [the cost of an arm but NOT a leg]!:geek: reality check

Truth be told, Adam Bleu, I LOVE the video Bring Me The Disco King on the dualdisc....even in your favorite codec, Dolby Digital 5.1, it sounds superb. Great Bowie track!

Last edited:
You're absolutely correct, Adam. AmazonUS has one used for US $70 [used/like new]: https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=1343 [the cost of an arm but NOT a leg]!:geek: reality check

Truth be told, Adam Bleu, I LOVE the video Bring Me The Disco King on the dualdisc....even in your favorite codec, Dolby Digital 5.1, it sounds superb. Great Bowie track!

thanks for the Ralphity Check, Reality! oh but i don't have a favourite codec, I listen in multichannel without delivery format prejudice and without the aid of (boot) disc polish! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Truth be told, Adam Bleu, I LOVE the video Bring Me The Disco King on the dualdisc....even in your favorite codec, Dolby Digital 5.1, it sounds superb. Great Bowie track![/QUOTE]
Am currently listening to DISC 2 [DVD~V DTS 5.1] of The McCartney Years. Excellent!

Good to hear that all the Disc 2s aren't defective....I'll grab another set..

Truth be told, Adam Bleu, I LOVE the video Bring Me The Disco King on the dualdisc....even in your favorite codec, Dolby Digital 5.1, it sounds superb. Great Bowie track![/QUOTE
Clint Eastwood: Good to hear that all the Disc 2s aren't defective.......I'll grab another set [the McCartney Years 3 set DVD]

Mine came sealed [used/like New] from Amazon for $25 delivered. Excellent presentation, as well. Thanks for the heads~up, honorable Floridian!:cool:

Reactions: GOS
Such a great album and excellent surround mix! Second spin in a row.)) I don't have Atmos setup though but on my 5.1 system it also sounds great.(y)Be carefull, there is some very deep bass out there...:eek:
Thanks to our member haikubass and his very usefull surround music release lists I found out about this BD-Audio and got it very cheap. I love this forum! :dance

View attachment 33342

I just spun this one last nite in 7.2.4 and was very impressed both with the music and the mix.

bDQt32g.jpg

Instrumental metal prog, nice :smokin

Is there a reasonably priced way to get this? I did a quick look on Discogs and things looked pretty expensive.

Yahoo - Upstairs At Eric’s b/w You And Me Both

(DVD 5.1 Mix In Dolby and DTS Audio taken from the box set In Your Room)

I remember when Upstairs At Eric’s came out. I went crazy trying to buy everything up by them in the 12” category. Of course, the long version of Situation was on the US vinyl version. Not sure about the cassette. I do remember getting The Other Side Of Love, the 12” single, and thinking “What the hell is this?” LOL...it didn’t sound like anything off the album at all. Needless to say, I almost threw it in the trash, ended up keeping but never playing it again. Unfortunately, this release does not contain Situation in 5.1, which I feel was a huge mistake.

Back