Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at picking up a used copy of that disc but the reviews I read on QQ are not-so-good on the Mix.
Hard rock tends to not score well here at QQ. It's my opinion, but based on some evidence. If you know you'd like the music, and some QQers who like hard rock have reviewed it favorably, then go for it!

Probably to prevent the discs from coming loose during shipment. BTW, what is your impression of BB, MP?

BTW, you haven't lived until you've had a pizza from Brooklyn, NY. Must be that New York City water!

They do good beer as well! I was listening to this and a bit of Pink Floyd/Steely Dan/ and erm - crikey I can't even remember the rest! No notes from neighbours yet, phew!

IMG_3928.JPG

...a 180 change..
Yes
TFTO
BD...

edit...
Once you listen to the unedited version of TRSOG there ain't no going back to the edited version...
This album is my go to spiritual meditation. For me, this is more than just an album, it's a magical spiritual journey. I don't care what Rick Wakeman says about it, and I think he was absolutely great on it too! Incredible Steven Wilson mix is the icing on the cake. Definitely putting this on right after Hans. :smokin

Edit: I also replaced the original album version of TRSOG with the original-original extended version in my flac album version. Supposedly they only cut it out for time constraints.

Last edited:
PBS has some awesome concert specials and tonight I'm watching Beninese singer, songwriter, actress and activist Angélique Kidjo with her fabulous four piece band and chorus on Austin City Limits. Sometimes I have to pinch myself that it's being broadcast in Dolby Digital 5.1 as all the ingredients of higher def are pretty much intact.

Wish we had some Angélique in 5.1 on physical disc.

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People (DVD-A)

I recently picked this disc up from markshan’s sale. It pales in comparison to the BD Atmos version. Not that it’s bad. Far from it. Lead vocals are mostly allocated to the L&R speakers here versus the Atmos Mix where the lead vocal is mostly allocated to the center channel. The drums sound flat here on some songs even with the Auro-3D upmixer. Not so in Atmos. Also in Atmos, there’s a huge soundstage and more separation. Sounds are discrete in all nine channels. Though, the dynamics are a bit better on the DVD-A. All the same, very happy to have this DVD-A Mix version. I’ve played this album so much now, I’m beginning to think it’s the best one in the Warner Bros. catalog.

I use this disc as a demonstration on what ATMOS can bring to the table.

Play a song off the DVDA and then again off the ATMOS Blu Ray...

Back