Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shaft O.S.T.

the Stax/Isaac Hayes Quad mixes are sooooooo good.. how they haven't seen a surround reissue in all these years is baffling to me.. there's even an SACD of Shaft i have somewhere, with a remix, in Stereo only.. I remember it sounding nice enough.. but honestly why go to the trouble and expense of doing a remix for SACD and not only do it in Stereo only but to add insult to injury fail to include an amazing Quad mix you've already got in the bag.. D'OH or what!??!! o_O

Mainly vocals and occasional keys in the rears, but as a whole it simply feels right plus given the bargain price it's a no-brainer. Also, there's a preview snippet before each song, so a little cutting comes handy.

thanks for the heads up! bought, new for £2.35 incl p&p.. ahh.. so that's about 50p a song! "cry me a reeeevah.."

Shaft O.S.T.

the Stax/Isaac Hayes Quad mixes are sooooooo good.. how they haven't seen a surround reissue in all these years is baffling to me.. there's even an SACD of Shaft i have somewhere, with a remix, in Stereo only.. I remember it sounding nice enough.. but honestly why go to the trouble and expense of doing a remix for SACD and not only do it in Stereo only but to add insult to injury fail to include an amazing Quad mix you've already got in the bag.. D'OH or what!??!! o_O

...and onto another Stax Isaac Hayes Quad gem... love this one sooooo much... :love:

(Two) Tough Guys OST!!! :QQlove

Last edited:
still in a steamy Stax-y mood.. ahh.. :smokin

..the last Isaac Hayes Quad that saw release and a fairly rare birdie out in the wild these days.. although I've been unable to find the Q8s and seemingly so has everyone else into Quad on the Internet (!) I've had the SQ records a little while and more recently found a 2nd set of SQ LPs in better shape than the 1st which I hope to give a spring clean and a go round in the Surround Master soon maybe over the Christmas holidays but for now I'm listening to my 1st transfer, flaws and all.. "turning" to the music, this is perhaps his most opulent epic of all his soundtrack albums, clocking in at 70+ mins long and with production values exceeding anything on his previous soundtracks... the mix is the usual Stax 4-corner Quad workout with 360-panning and loads of funky stuff happening hither and hither at any one time, all the time.. ladies and gents, ladettes and lager louts of QQ, I present to you... the Quadraphonic wonder of (drum roll..!!) Truck Turner!!! you'd be a silly trucker to miss it! :p

"come on and take a free ride..
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH...!!!"

:51QQ

There once was a Quadrophiliac from LON DON
Who rapidly became Undone
When his system blew a fuse
And the results so profuse

He's now at the Cinema snackin' on Bon Bons!

choco20002.JPG

Back